    Hoping you can help

    thank you

    Michael
    spikemike, Feb 15, 2006

  2. spikemike

    Duane Arnold Guest

    spikemike wrote:
    > Hi there a while ago i passworded my computer (xp), so my daughter
    > couldnt get onto my desktop, and only use a portion of the internet...I
    > set up myself as admin of the computer, and her just as a user..
    >
    > now that i dont need her account and i dont need my part passworded,
    > what is the best way to delete my account(i already have deleted
    > hers)......i basically want to switch on the computer,and start up
    > files to be enabled...and me to get onto computing..instead of the
    > computer start up process being paused, and me having to click my
    > account..
    >
    > when i try to delete it i get a message saying one person has to be the
    > admin..etc etc???...surely there is a file i can delete or summat???
    > Hoping you can help

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231

    You should do some other things to protect the XP O/S or *harden* it to
    attack.

    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Feb 15, 2006

  3. spikemike

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bypass password xp&btnG=Google Search
    Evan Platt, Feb 15, 2006
  4. spikemike

    Hal Clark Guest

    "spikemike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there a while ago i passworded my computer (xp), so my daughter
    > couldnt get onto my desktop, and only use a portion of the internet...I
    > set up myself as admin of the computer, and her just as a user..
    >
    > now that i dont need her account and i dont need my part passworded,
    > what is the best way to delete my account(i already have deleted
    > hers)......i basically want to switch on the computer,and start up
    > files to be enabled...and me to get onto computing..instead of the
    > computer start up process being paused, and me having to click my
    > account..
    >
    > when i try to delete it i get a message saying one person has to be the
    > admin..etc etc???...surely there is a file i can delete or summat???
    > Hoping you can help
    >
    > thank you
    >
    > Michael

    From "Using Wundows XP Professional" by Briian Knittel & Robert Cowart.

    "As administator run the User Manager by clicking Start, Control Panel, User
    Accounts. Under Pick A Task, select change the Way Users Log On or Off.

    Then, you can check or uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen". When the Welcome
    Screen is enabled, you can enable or disale the Fast User Switching
    feature."

    My computer is setup the way you want yours to be. I can't remember exactly
    how I did it, but I do know that you do it with the option to enable or
    disable the welcome screen. I was thinking that you had to disable the
    welcome screen, but I checked mine and both boxes are checked. ie "Use the
    welcome screen" and "Use fast user switching". If that doesn't work then I'm
    sure that if you play with it a bit and try different settings you will come
    up with the correct combination.
    Hal Clark, Feb 15, 2006
  5. spikemike

    Trax Guest

    "spikemike" <> wrote:

    |>now that i dont need her account and i dont need my part passworded,
    |>what is the best way to delete my account(i already have deleted
    |>hers)......i basically want to switch on the computer,and start up
    |>files to be enabled...and me to get onto computing..instead of the
    |>computer start up process being paused, and me having to click my
    |>account..

    Start | Run <type in> control userpasswords2 <enter>

    First selection.

    --
    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/
    Trax, Feb 15, 2006
  6. spikemike

    Hal Clark Guest

    "Hal Clark" <> wrote in message

    > "spikemike" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi there a while ago i passworded my computer (xp), so my daughter
    > > couldnt get onto my desktop, and only use a portion of the internet...I
    > > set up myself as admin of the computer, and her just as a user..
    > >
    > > now that i dont need her account and i dont need my part passworded,
    > > what is the best way to delete my account(i already have deleted
    > > hers)......i basically want to switch on the computer,and start up
    > > files to be enabled...and me to get onto computing..instead of the
    > > computer start up process being paused, and me having to click my
    > > account..
    > >
    > > when i try to delete it i get a message saying one person has to be the
    > > admin..etc etc???...surely there is a file i can delete or summat???
    > > Hoping you can help
    > >
    > > thank you
    > >
    > > Michael
    > >

    > From "Using Wundows XP Professional" by Briian Knittel & Robert Cowart.
    >
    > "As administator run the User Manager by clicking Start, Control Panel,

    User
    > Accounts. Under Pick A Task, select change the Way Users Log On or Off.
    >
    > Then, you can check or uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen". When the Welcome
    > Screen is enabled, you can enable or disale the Fast User Switching
    > feature."
    >
    > My computer is setup the way you want yours to be. I can't remember

    exactly
    > how I did it, but I do know that you do it with the option to enable or
    > disable the welcome screen. I was thinking that you had to disable the
    > welcome screen, but I checked mine and both boxes are checked. ie "Use the
    > welcome screen" and "Use fast user switching". If that doesn't work then

    I'm
    > sure that if you play with it a bit and try different settings you will

    come
    > up with the correct combination.

    Bypass The Windows XP Log On Screen to make logon an unattended process:

    Click [Start] [Run] and type
    control userpasswords2
    Click [OK]
    The [User Accounts] Property Sheet displays.
    On [Users] tab, clear the [Users must enter a user name and password to use
    this computer]

    check box.
    Click [Apply].
    Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon automatically in
    the dialog box

    that appears.
    Click [OK].
    Go to [Control Panel] [User Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and Off].
    Uncheck [Use the Welcome Screen] and [Use Fast User Switching
    Hal Clark, Feb 15, 2006
  7. spikemike

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: depersonalisation and burning

    <wNJIf.15957$>...

    Duane Arnold, Feb 15, 2006
  8. spikemike

    spikemike Guest

    Thanks to everybody who replied...i will be trying it later, when i get
    home..

    Thanks again

    Michael
    spikemike, Feb 17, 2006