    MSN Messenger to chat while I am teaching Class and some have used it to
    cheat ... and Is there away for me to also Disable Trillian, seeimg that it
    opens all the IMs
    Andre Bennett, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Andre Bennett

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you don't really need it, why not just uninstall it. Then nobody will
    have access to it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Andre Bennett" <> wrote in message
    Xp Professional, and i have a problem with the kids in my classroom
    using
    Jerry G., Sep 29, 2004

  3. Andre Bennett

    Doug Guest

    Doug, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Andre Bennett

    Doug Guest

    hmm, well the program turns out to have a 15 use limit.. so not free, but
    here is one that is

    WinGuard Pro 2004 5.6.5 (Free Edition)
    http://www.itweek.co.uk/downloads/1153721

    WinGuard Pro Free Edition offers a simple yet effective method of locking
    numerous aspects of Windows to prevent tampering.

    It can be used to lock programs, folders or files and a few other predefined
    elements. Once locked these items are only accessible to those with the
    correct password.

    A small icon sits in the system tray (although this can be hidden if you
    would prefer). The program is password protected for security.

    Program locking is limited to 20 pre-selected programs that include
    ScanDisk, Registry Editor, Remove Programs, Outlook Express, Internet
    Options and Windows Media Player.

    Absolutely any file or folder can be encrypted or decrypted at the click of
    a button.

    Other items such as the Desktop, Windows Explorer and Task Manager can also
    be locked.

    // Doug
    Doug, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Andre Bennett

    Elco Guest

    Elco, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Andre Bennett

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs.

    : Xp Professional, and i have a problem with the kids in my classroom
    using
    : MSN Messenger to chat while I am teaching Class and some have used it
    : cheat ... and Is there away for me to also Disable Trillian, seeimg
    that it
    : opens all the IMs
    :
    :
    PuppyKatt, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Thanks for the suggestions but uninstalling it doesn't work , because even
    though I have created accounts for them that are Limited access user
    accounts they can still redownload it and reinstall. So Add/Remove doesn't
    help... one thing I tried was the command gpedit.msc and disabling from
    there ... it appeared to work .. I did that yeasterday ... but then they
    installed Trillian which is another IM ( that incorporate MSN, AOL, ICQ, and
    two other IMs not sure .. and they got around it that way
    Andre Bennett, Sep 29, 2004
  8. Andre Bennett

    Claude Guest

  9. Andre Bennett

    mAineAc Guest

    Andre Bennett wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestions but uninstalling it doesn't work , because even
    > though I have created accounts for them that are Limited access user
    > accounts they can still redownload it and reinstall. So Add/Remove doesn't
    > help... one thing I tried was the command gpedit.msc and disabling from
    > there ... it appeared to work .. I did that yeasterday ... but then they
    > installed Trillian which is another IM ( that incorporate MSN, AOL, ICQ, and
    > two other IMs not sure .. and they got around it that way

    go into their account set ups and disable the ability for them to
    install stuff. And you can use the hosts file to block sites that supply
    trillian. all you have to do there is put in something like:
    '69.59.212.64 localhost' to block the trillian site.

    mAineAc
    mAineAc, Sep 29, 2004
  10. thanks for the help will try these suggestions thanks

    Andre Bennett, Sep 29, 2004