How do I DELET this DAMN program TOTALLY!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim & Lil, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    hello ,

    Thanks for reading this,
    I am using windows XP

    I have just spent 2 hrs on the phone on hold for technical support on
    a software program ( ACCPAC Simply Accounting) and have given up.
    I made one simple bad choice in the software program when I deleted
    a window I didn't think I needed.....I can't figure out how to bring it back
    so I figure I can start again by dumping the program and then rebooting and
    re-installing....NOT!
    It somehow saves my defaults for when I reloasd the same software. I
    figure erase is erase.... how in hell do i ERASE a program so all defaults
    in that program are forgotten about.......?

    Have done a delete though the proper channels and even gone into Window
    explorer to yank out any trailings of the damned software.....HELP!

    Jim & Lil, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Jim & Lil

    °Mike° Guest

    Use the System Restore.

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:24 -0600, in
    <>
    Jim & Lil scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Jim & Lil

    Harrison Guest

    Lucky you. With Windows XP, you can use the system restore function to
    return the computer to a prior state.
    Assuming the program was recently installed, this should get your
    registry back to where it was before you installed.
    Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
    Also make sure to delete the program's folder in case the settings are
    retained there.

    Even if the program has been installed for some time, you could use
    system restore to get back to the way it was before you screwed it up.

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    All is well now........... Thank you both. I can now unload my Stainless
    steel Ruger .44 mag and return it back to the safe...you must be proud to
    have saved the life of a computer screen....;) Seriously...thank-you...I
    was really getting frustrated....things are okay now.....life is all good
    again.......Warmest regards...Jim

    Jim & Lil, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Jim & Lil

    Harrison Guest

    Glad to help save the lives of several hundred pixels.
    ..44 leaves a very big hole!

    Here's a tip. If you're using that cannon for home security, and there
    are other family members in the home, keep in mind that a sharp pencil
    will pierce common drywall. A .44 handcannon would most likely go
    through several walls, studs and all.

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:01:12 -0600, "Jim & Lil"

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Jim & Lil

    Treb Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > Glad to help save the lives of several hundred pixels.
    > .44 leaves a very big hole!
    >
    > Here's a tip. If you're using that cannon for home security, and there
    > are other family members in the home, keep in mind that a sharp pencil
    > will pierce common drywall. A .44 handcannon would most likely go
    > through several walls, studs and all.

    Might even get through to the neighbors houses as well. That's one serious
    firearm to have in your house :)

    Treb

    Treb, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    No Problem guys....The damn box is in the basement and also have my own
    acerage (ranch) so no problem with the neighbours. However...the computer
    gets to live another day after your advice.

    BTW ....Re-Booting the computer might take on a whole new meaning out
    here...could be costly though, but damned
    theraputic..........................ha ha ha....Thanks again for the help.
    Jim

    Jim & Lil, Jan 30, 2004