    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Office 2007
    ESET Security Suite

    Steve T, Mar 21, 2010

  2. Steve T

    Steve T Guest

    I found the .scr file and created a shortcut and it executes just fine. The
    only thing that doesn't work is to be prompted for id & password on resume.
    Yes it is set up that way in Personalize and if you check the properties of
    the shortcut>settings, you cannot adjust any settings. Please help to
    resolve this. Thanks in advance.

    Steve

    Steve T, Mar 21, 2010

  3. Steve T

    dgmacmi Guest

    Try the following.
    In the Screen Saver control window select the screen saver you want to use.
    Check the box to display the logon on resume. Then use your shortcut to
    start the screen saver.

    Don

    dgmacmi, Mar 21, 2010
  4. Steve T

    Steve T Guest

    I have completed that. What happens is the screen saver works as a preview
    only. As soon as you use move the mouse or hit a key, the screen saver
    disappears and all is normal. Any ideas?

    Steve T, Mar 21, 2010
  5. Steve T

    dgmacmi Guest

    Did you click on "Apply" before you closed the screen saver window?

    Don

    dgmacmi, Mar 22, 2010
  6. Steve T

    Zaidy036 Guest

    In article <#>, says...

    > I have completed that. What happens is the screen saver works as a preview
    > only. As soon as you use move the mouse or hit a key, the screen saver
    > disappears and all is normal. Any ideas?
    >
    > "dgmacmi<>" <> wrote in message
    > > Try the following.
    > > In the Screen Saver control window select the screen saver you want to
    > > use. Check the box to display the logon on resume. Then use your shortcut
    > > to start the screen saver.
    > >
    > > Don
    > >
    > > "Steve T" <> wrote in message
    > >> I found the .scr file and created a shortcut and it executes just fine.
    > >> The only thing that doesn't work is to be prompted for id & password on
    > >> resume. Yes it is set up that way in Personalize and if you check the
    > >> properties of the shortcut>settings, you cannot adjust any settings.
    > >> Please help to resolve this. Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    > >> Steve
    > >>
    > >> "Steve T" <> wrote in message

    In all versions previous to Vista the login/password became effective ONLY
    after the time out set for screen saver activation. Mose or keyboard activity
    cancels the screen saver and if the if the time to activate has not been
    reached no password is required.

    I have not tried a screen saver icon in Win 7 or vista.

    Zaidy036, Mar 22, 2010