    restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?

    Regards,

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    Smirnoff Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    > How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
    >

    > I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
    > restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Heidi

    Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore>Create A Restore
    Point

    Smirnoff, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    why? Guest

    On 2 Feb 2007 02:35:11 -0800, Heidi Manway wrote:

    >x-no-archive:yes
    >How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
    >

    >I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
    >restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Heidi

    The instructions are supplied with Win XP,

    Start | Help and Support

    Search for
    Create restore point

    Me

    why?, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Heidi Manway

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:

    >x-no-archive:yes
    >How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
    >

    >I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
    >restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?

    Most modern applications will create a restore point automatically as
    part of the install process.

    To create a manual restore point use Accessories - System Tools -
    System Restore.

    For more information about System Restore see MVP Bert Kinney's System
    Restore pages: http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --