    Thanks
    Steve

    ---

    Steve, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Steve

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Steve said:

    > I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a sizeable
    > mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter with latest gig
    > details etc. but the list has grown too big to make it practical to send out
    > indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create groups of Addresses in Outlook
    > express, but I want to protect the privacy of those on the mailing list, so
    > I don't want to be giving out everyones e-mail address to everyone else.
    >
    > Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve

    Send the Group as Bcc

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003

  3. > I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a
    > sizeable mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter with
    > latest gig details etc. but the list has grown too big to make it
    > practical to send out indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create
    > groups of Addresses in Outlook express, but I want to protect the
    > privacy of those on the mailing list, so I don't want to be giving out
    > everyones e-mail address to everyone else.
    >
    > Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?

    Pegasus Mail
    * Distribution List

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:

    >> I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a
    >> sizeable mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter with
    >> latest gig details etc. but the list has grown too big to make it
    >> practical to send out indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create
    >> groups of Addresses in Outlook express, but I want to protect the
    >> privacy of those on the mailing list, so I don't want to be giving out
    >> everyones e-mail address to everyone else.

    >> Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?

    > Pegasus Mail
    > * Distribution List

    Lemme stress that recommendation, Steve. PegMail does it the right way; once
    you have the DL set up (which isn't hard), maintenance is easy.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Re: How do I create a Mailing List? Thanks

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:
    >
    > >> I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a
    > >> sizeable mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter with
    > >> latest gig details etc. but the list has grown too big to make it
    > >> practical to send out indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create
    > >> groups of Addresses in Outlook express, but I want to protect the
    > >> privacy of those on the mailing list, so I don't want to be giving out
    > >> everyones e-mail address to everyone else.

    > >> Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?

    > > Pegasus Mail
    > > * Distribution List

    > Lemme stress that recommendation, Steve. PegMail does it the right way;

    once
    > you have the DL set up (which isn't hard), maintenance is easy.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux RU 297263
    > NEW 9/25/03:
    > MS Class Action Award Vouchers for California Residents
    > Detail --> http://snurl.com/settlement

    Thanks alot, looks like just the thing.
    Steve

    ---

    Steve, Oct 1, 2003
  6. In news:3jseb.84$,
    Steve <> decided to type the following message
    > I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a
    > sizeable mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter
    > with latest gig details etc. but the list has grown too big to make
    > it practical to send out indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create
    > groups of Addresses in Outlook express, but I want to protect the
    > privacy of those on the mailing list, so I don't want to be giving
    > out everyones e-mail address to everyone else.
    >
    > Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve
    >

    > ---

    Use the bcc field.

    Sarah Alawami, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Steve

    Plato Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > I play in a band with a growing reputation and we now have quite a sizeable
    > mailing list. From time to time we send out a news letter with latest gig
    > details etc. but the list has grown too big to make it practical to send out
    > indevidual e-mails. I know that I can create groups of Addresses in Outlook
    > express, but I want to protect the privacy of those on the mailing list, so
    > I don't want to be giving out everyones e-mail address to everyone else.
    >
    > Is there any software (or other solution) to do this?

    Use www.ymlp.com

    They cater to bands. I suppose they are punks.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Steve

    Plato Guest

    Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:

    > Pegasus Mail
    > * Distribution List

    Most excellent if your ISP allows it. Mine did at one time but since
    doesnt allow
    Pegusus bulk mail for any list over 100 addresses.

    Plato, Oct 2, 2003