    correct this problem?

    Thanks

    Peter
    Peter Maddern, Apr 17, 2004

  2. "Peter Maddern" <Pmad@REMOVETHIS BITbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    news:c5rtv7$kfg$...
    SNIP
    > Has anyone else experienced the same thing. if so, do you know how to
    > correct this problem?

    Take two exposures, and with postprocessing (e.g. Photoshop) register and
    blend the two images.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Peter Maddern wrote:
    > I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700. Shots taken of streets at night come out
    > well apart from street lights which always appear burnt out and
    > flared. I have tried to correct the excessive flare by using the
    > lasso tool in Photoshop Elements and decreasing brightness or
    > changing the colour to tone down the high whiteness but I can't get
    > the right effect.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced the same thing. if so, do you know how to
    > correct this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    The difference in light is too great to get an "ideal" correction with
    just one exposure. With practice you can improve the original as you have
    tried. I am not sure what the best tools may be as I have not worked on it,

    But for a real fix you need to follow Bart's advice. Make sure those
    both exposures are several stops different exposure and that you use a
    tripod the assure the easiest best register.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Apr 17, 2004