    All replies, opinions, instructions, etc. welcomed!

    Aaron

    , Apr 9, 2005

  2. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > I have approx 512 mb of JPEG photos on my hard drive & desire to copy
    > them onto either a Compact Disk or a DVD Disk. I can burn disks on
    > both drives.
    >
    > What is the program or procedure that will enable me to do this?
    >
    > All replies, opinions, instructions, etc. welcomed!
    >
    > Aaron

    You copy them just as you would any files. It makes no difference thta they are photo files. The
    details of the procedure depend on the software you have for writing to a CD or DVD. (512 MB will
    fit comfortably on a CD>)

    Marvin, Apr 9, 2005

  3. ecm Guest

    With Windows XP you can just drag and drop them onto the cd burner with
    a blank disk in it. The wizard should pop up and guide you from there.
    Other versions of Windows require burning software - I'ved used
    CDBurnerXP Pro in the past with good results - it's freeware.

    ECM

    ecm, Apr 9, 2005
  4. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have approx 512 mb of JPEG photos on my hard drive & desire to copy
    > them onto either a Compact Disk or a DVD Disk. I can burn disks on
    > both drives.
    >
    > What is the program or procedure that will enable me to do this?

    As others have said, XP has built-in capacity to burn Cds. However, I
    became used to Easy CD Creator (which will also burn DVDs), so that is what
    I use.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 9, 2005
  5. Dave Cohen Guest

    The version of cd burner xp pro I tried proved impossible to remove from xp.
    Apart from that seemed to work ok.
    Burn4free is no frill but does almost everything (and is free). Better than
    native xp which works but is very basic.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Apr 10, 2005
  6. Guest

    Hi ECM: thank's for your reply! I did use Windows XP Wizard and it
    worked. However, I do have an additional question. When using the
    Wizard, a choice was provided asking it I wished to use HIGH MAT?
    What is HIGH MAT? best, Aaron

    , Apr 10, 2005
  7. wrote:
    : I have approx 512 mb of JPEG photos on my hard drive & desire to copy
    : them onto either a Compact Disk or a DVD Disk. I can burn disks on
    : both drives.

    : What is the program or procedure that will enable me to do this?

    : All replies, opinions, instructions, etc. welcomed!

    As others have said, you can use the same program that you normally use to
    burn a CD. As far as the computer or CD burner is concerned, an image file
    (JPG, TIF, RAW, etc) is handled the same as a text file or any other
    "data" file. It is only when you go to display or manipulate this image or
    any data associated with it (EXIF) that the file type comes into effect.
    So just go ahead and use your normal CD recorder program. If given the
    choice, choose a "Data disk" or "file storage" (as opposed to "music
    disk"). Then just drag and drop the "files" (your JPG images) into the
    file list and off you go.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Apr 10, 2005
  8. Guest

    Hi, Aaron

    Photo2DVD Studio can help you. It allows you to copy your photos from
    HD to DVD directly, complete with background music, transition effects.
    It is very easy to use, and free for trial at
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

    , Apr 10, 2005
  9. Shawn Hearn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I have approx 512 mb of JPEG photos on my hard drive & desire to copy
    > them onto either a Compact Disk or a DVD Disk. I can burn disks on
    > both drives.
    >
    > What is the program or procedure that will enable me to do this?
    >
    > All replies, opinions, instructions, etc. welcomed!

    Depends on which OS and optical disc burning software you have. On Mac
    OS X, I just drag the files to a CD-R and DVD-R disc and click the burn
    button next to the optical disk in the Finder window. That's it.

    Shawn Hearn, Apr 10, 2005
  10. ecm Guest

    Actually, I'm still a Win2000 kind of guy, I've never needed to
    upgade..... My wife has a laptop that uses WinXP Pro, so I had to
    figure out the CD burning thing for her a couple of years ago. I've
    never seen that "HIGH MAT" thing... a quick Google gave me these links
    -

    http://www.microsoftusernetwork.com/zarax/multimedia/highmat001.htm
    http://www.highmat.com/

    It looks like a special Microsoft-controlled format for music, video
    and photo CD's - just what the world needed.... ;-)

    ECM

    ecm, Apr 10, 2005
  11. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi ECM: thank's for your reply! I did use Windows XP Wizard and it
    > worked. However, I do have an additional question. When using the
    > Wizard, a choice was provided asking it I wished to use HIGH MAT?
    > What is HIGH MAT? best, Aaron

    It is a new CD format that is only used by a few players. As I recall, there is a place in the
    pop-up box that asks if you want to use the feature, which connects you to more information about
    High Mat. Otherwise, search for info on google or another search engine.

    Marvin, Apr 10, 2005
  12. Don Stauffer Guest

    wrote:

    > I have approx 512 mb of JPEG photos on my hard drive & desire to copy
    > them onto either a Compact Disk or a DVD Disk. I can burn disks on
    > both drives.
    >
    > What is the program or procedure that will enable me to do this?
    >
    > All replies, opinions, instructions, etc. welcomed!
    >
    > Aaron

    If all you want to do is save them on the CD, you may be able to just
    drag and drop using Windows Explorer. It depends a bit on which
    operating system, and the driver on your particular burner drive.
    However, Roxio has a relatively cheap CD/DVD creator that makes process
    much easier.

    Most burner drives include some sort of software for this. In fact,
    some drives include the Roxio software as part of the software they
    include. Nero is another popular program.

    Don Stauffer, Apr 10, 2005