    2001.

    Thanks,

    sam

    Sam, Oct 19, 2009

  2. Sam

    rjdriver Guest

    Follow the first part of the tutorial here:

    http://www.cd2ringtone.com/

    Bob

    rjdriver, Oct 19, 2009

  3. Sam

    PeeCee Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message news:hbgehe$86e$...
    > I've got some training CDs I'd like to convert to MP3 which is the best
    > software to use?
    > I googled the question but the number of replies was overwhelming,
    > including software
    > going back to
    > 2001.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > sam

    Or you could try good old 'CDex':
    http://download.cnet.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-10055262.html

    The required Lame encoded is available from here:
    http://lame.buanzo.com

    And 'Audacity' for editing your file:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

    1 Install the LAME codec.
    2 Install CDex and point it to LAME when it asks for it.
    3 Install Audacity and point it to LAME..

    Use CDex to rip to mp3
    Open mp3 in Audacity & make any changes you want & save.

    Note LAME is required to do the actual encoding to mp3 format.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Oct 19, 2009
  4. Sam

    chuckcar Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in news:hbgehe$86e$:

    > I've got some training CDs I'd like to convert to MP3 which is the best
    > software to use?
    > I googled the question but the number of replies was overwhelming,
    > including software
    > going back to
    > 2001.

    Simple question, simple answer without complications: you need *some*
    software to convert CDDA (as they're stored on an audio CD) to WAV or mp3
    files. Knowing what the original file format is is what you need to know.
    There are *numerous* programs that do this. In fact virtually all CD
    recording software does just this - but in the other direction. If I were
    to make a recommendation, I wouldn't be constrained by how old the
    software was so long as file name length and the use of a command shell
    weren't something to be concerned with. Certainly in 2001 long file names
    in MS windows were well established. The other thing that would help is to
    know what mysterious OS you're using on that computer if it's not the
    computer you wrote that message on. I routinely use command shell and
    prefer it - it does things faster with less overhead.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 19, 2009