    use wireless outdoor anttenas to connect our home networks. We do not
    know where to begin. Please help!!
    Brandon
    brandon, Oct 21, 2004

  2. brandon

    mike Guest

    not over 5miles!
    maybe 50mts but that's about the range limit

    mike

    mike

    "brandon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > I live about 5 miles away from my friends house and we would like to
    > use wireless outdoor anttenas to connect our home networks. We do not
    > know where to begin. Please help!!
    > Brandon

    ---
    mike, Oct 21, 2004

  3. brandon

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    5 miles? Yeah some people did it as special graduate project.

    You would have to install Towers at the both ends. Depending on the terrain
    the Towers might be 30'-50' high. You would have to put an Access Point with
    Highly Directional Antenna at the top, and make sure that the hardware can
    stand Physically and Electronically the Weather.

    You would need survey tool and good maps so you can point the Antennae
    facing precisely one the other.

    It is a lot of learning and a lot of work.

    Link to:
    ntennas / Range Boosting.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 22, 2004