How do I configure a cisco 2801 + Etherswitch + SDSL + Cable modem ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tuyo, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. tuyo

    tuyo Guest

    I just recieved a Cisco 2801 which came with (2) 4-port etherswitch
    HWIC cards, and i'm trying to configure it. Since I'm not a well
    versed cisco person (know the basics though), i need some help in
    knowing if what i'm trying to do is possible. So here are the
    parameters.

    A. My DSL provider gives me a network bridge which has 1 ethernet port,
    and they provide me with 4 static IP addresses 66.88.88.166/24.

    B. My Cable provider gives me 4 DHCP addresses, and a cable modem with
    1 ethernet port.

    C. My local network is spread through a hub, typical 192.168.0.x/24

    I'd like my setup to be able to use ALL 8 IP addresses for internet,
    and route outbound using the cable addresses, as well as recieve
    inbound traffic for my mail server, dns server etc. So here how i have
    things connected.
    [use fixed font to see my diagram below]

    [ Cisco 2081 ]
    [dsl isp ]<---->[DSLBrige ]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
    [cable isp]<---->[cablemodem]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
    [ ]local
    network
    [ built in port 0/1 ]<--->[hub]

    All cables are good and working, ports are up/up

    My question is: is what i'm trying to do even possible? If so how?

    I've noticed a few folks talking about using individual vlans per
    address, however you cannot mask /32 on a vlan address. so since i
    have 4 consecutive DSL IP's I dont know how I would be able to use
    vlan.

    Also, I tried using just one of the DSL addresses in a vlan setup, and
    I was unable to ping my ISPs gateway

    Any help would be appreciated.

    tuyo, Apr 3, 2005