    How do I close this port, if it is open, and what is it for?

    As always, your help is appreciated.

    Si.
    Si, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Si

    ICee Guest

    Si wrote:
    > Hi all....
    >
    > my firewall has told me that someone tried to attack my pc today via
    > a port 1135. My firewall blocked this attack.
    >
    > How do I close this port, if it is open, and what is it for?
    >
    > As always, your help is appreciated.
    >
    > Si.

    https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Si

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Si said:

    > Hi all....
    >
    > my firewall has told me that someone tried to attack my pc today via a port
    > 1135. My firewall blocked this attack.
    >
    > How do I close this port, if it is open, and what is it for?
    >
    > As always, your help is appreciated.
    >
    > Si.

    As your firewall is doing its job, forget about this port.
    Brian H¹©, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Si

    ICee Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > Si wrote:
    >> Hi all....
    >>
    >> my firewall has told me that someone tried to attack my pc today via
    >> a port 1135. My firewall blocked this attack.
    >>
    >> How do I close this port, if it is open, and what is it for?
    >>
    >> As always, your help is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Si.

    > https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    This is a more direct port lookup: http://grc.com/PortDataHelp.htm

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Si

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:35:55 -0000, Si wrote:

    >Hi all....
    >
    >my firewall has told me that someone tried to attack my pc today via a port
    >1135. My firewall blocked this attack.

    Fine, it's doing what it is meant to do.

    >How do I close this port, if it is open, and what is it for?

    For a closed port don't have any services running on that port.
    http://www.netsys.com/firewalls/firewalls-2002-03/msg00250.html

    If you mean closed v stealth. There is differing points of view. The RFC
    Internet standard IIRC calls for not using stealth, applications should
    be able to determine if a port is there and it's state.

    http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/the_outpost_gui/options/system_tab.htm
    See 3 - Answer Type
    This section contains a setting that you will probably never have a need
    to alter as it controls how Outpost answers communication to a closed
    port.

    Try (assuming Win OS, as your msg header has OE6)
    http://www.sysinternals.com/
    Pick OS
    Utilities
    TDImon and/or TCPview for GUI versions of the netstat command.

    >As always, your help is appreciated.

    Port Numbers/Functions

    ripped from a recent post in 24HSHD IIRC
    http://ports.tantalo.net/

    List of - Well Known Ports,
    the Registered Ports, and the Dynamic and/or Private Ports.
    which happens to be on that page also.

    Me
    why?, Jan 7, 2004