HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ****easyGOING, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned
    ****easyGOING, Jan 19, 2004

  2. ****easyGOING

    Rifleman Guest

    "****easyGOING" <> wrote in message
    news:zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03...
    > HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

    Boot from the XP CD and follow the instructions for a new install,
    formatting the HDD on the way.....
    Rifleman, Jan 19, 2004

  3. ****easyGOING

    John Holmes Guest

    ****easyGOING came up with this:

    > HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

    Look here, it's the best I could find.
    http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Jan 19, 2004
  4. ****easyGOING

    Senti Guest

    ****easyGOING did mumble zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03...

    > HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

    Could you be a little more specific on what you mean by "CLEAN OUT"?
    --
    ~SF~
    To make a man happy, fill his hands with work. -Frederick E. Crane
    Senti, Jan 19, 2004
  5. ****easyGOING

    Senti Guest

    John Holmes did mumble Xns9475B860D8F53johnanonymouscunt@192.168.0.101...

    > ****easyGOING came up with this:
    >
    >> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned
    >>

    > Look here, it's the best I could find.
    > http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

    "The lego team removes the data smut with normal household steelwool. (What
    kind of data might that has been? tsk tsk)"

    Heh
    --
    ~SF~
    There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker.
    Senti, Jan 19, 2004
  6. ****easyGOING

    Harrison Guest

    YoU FOrmaT it

    Harrison, Jan 19, 2004
  7. ****easyGOING

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:36:47 GMT, in
    <zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03>
    ****easyGOING scrawled:

    >HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2004
  8. ****easyGOING

    Professor Guest

    You can always get rid of certain files such as temp files and temporary
    internet files but it also pays to defrag and scandisk at least once a week.
    Otherwise the only thing to do is delete files you really don't need and
    uninstall programs that you don't use anymore. Also Outlook express saves
    attatchments in emails that you might have already downloaded to a file you
    can delete these as well as any mail in folders that you don't really need.
    You can also burn data files or image files that you don't access all the
    time to a cd and delete the ones on the hard drive. If you downloaded
    programs from the internet that you have installed you can burn the
    downloaded file to a cd and delete the one on the hard drive.

    Professor, Jan 19, 2004