How do I clean a virus within an inbox or just clean only that infectedattachment or LOCATE AND dele

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Vinayak, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. Vinayak

    Vinayak Guest

    Hi

    I use Seamonkey (Mozilla ) mail and browser - SeaMonkey 1.0.4., on a Win
    XPP machine

    The Help about says "..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060729 SeaMonkey/1.0.4..."

    When I run a manual disk scan I often see my Symantec (Version
    10.0.0.359) say that an entire inbox or a file withing a mail folder is
    infected and quarantine the entire Inbox /or that entire file with 100s
    if not 1000s of mail

    I understand that some virus must be comming in thru pop mail, but do
    NOT know how to attack the specific mail / sender /or/ specific attachments

    I have ENABLED Internet E Mail auto Protect in symantec. Under this tab,
    I have chosen "..scan files withing compressed files.." - 3 levels deep.

    How do I clean a virus within an inbox or just clean only that infected
    attachment or LOCATE AND delete just that attachment ? Deleting or
    quarantining the entire Inbox is NOT solving my problem. I just loose my
    entire history.

    I'm looking for a solution that will clean or delete ONLY specific mail
    or attachments.

    any pointers, URL, advise would be most appreciated

    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Vinayak, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Vinayak

    Mumia W. Guest

    Re: How do I clean a virus within an inbox or just clean only thatinfected attachment or LOCATE AND delete just that attachment ?

    On 08/14/2006 02:14 AM, Vinayak wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I use Seamonkey (Mozilla ) mail and browser - SeaMonkey 1.0.4., on a Win
    > XPP machine
    >
    > The Help about says "..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    > rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060729 SeaMonkey/1.0.4..."
    >
    > When I run a manual disk scan I often see my Symantec (Version
    > 10.0.0.359) say that an entire inbox or a file withing a mail folder is
    > infected and quarantine the entire Inbox /or that entire file with 100s
    > if not 1000s of mail
    >
    > I understand that some virus must be comming in thru pop mail, but do
    > NOT know how to attack the specific mail / sender /or/ specific attachments
    >
    > I have ENABLED Internet E Mail auto Protect in symantec. Under this tab,
    > I have chosen "..scan files withing compressed files.." - 3 levels deep.
    >
    > How do I clean a virus within an inbox or just clean only that infected
    > attachment or LOCATE AND delete just that attachment ? Deleting or
    > quarantining the entire Inbox is NOT solving my problem. I just loose my
    > entire history.
    >
    > I'm looking for a solution that will clean or delete ONLY specific mail
    > or attachments.
    >
    > any pointers, URL, advise would be most appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Regards

    The only way I can think of is to, in TB, look at each e-mail
    message that has an attachment and delete it if it looks
    suspicious or useless.

    Compact your folders afterward.
    Mumia W., Aug 14, 2006