    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Jul 22, 2003

  2. Steve 'Wacko'

    S.Heenan Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' wrote:
    > I was surfing around today for a particular page on the net, I
    > accidentally clicked on one of the pop up ads for a site, the next
    > thing I know the PC is slow as iff something is starting to DL and
    > the box comes up asking me if I want to "restart my PC now" or
    > "later".
    >
    > The next time I booted up the start up told me to wait while it
    > configed the new files (Something like that)
    >
    > I have checked the add/remove programs but cant find what/if I
    > downloaded.
    >
    > I have a viruse checker and zonealarm installed, zonealarm asks for
    > permission to go online when the file seemed to be dl, I declined it
    > but it still configed something??
    >
    > How can I check what/if I downloaded anything by mistake........
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    Spybot Search & Destroy ver 1.2 Be sure and update it right after
    installing it. Also, use the Immunize feature.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    --
    Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

    S.Heenan, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Steve 'Wacko' wrote:
    > I was surfing around today for a particular page on the net, I
    > accidentally clicked on one of the pop up ads for a site, the next
    > thing I know the PC is slow as iff something is starting to DL and
    > the box comes up asking me if I want to "restart my PC now" or
    > "later".
    >
    > The next time I booted up the start up told me to wait while it
    > configed the new files (Something like that)
    >
    > I have checked the add/remove programs but cant find what/if I
    > downloaded.
    >
    > I have a viruse checker and zonealarm installed, zonealarm asks for
    > permission to go online when the file seemed to be dl, I declined it
    > but it still configed something??
    >
    > How can I check what/if I downloaded anything by mistake........
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    and www.winpatrol.com
    does a very good job of identifying active tasks and what is running.

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Jul 23, 2003