  1. I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

    Thanks.

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Sseadoubleyou

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    >I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    >open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Why do you think you need to know?? - XP manages memory pretty well - and
    any program that causes problems is likely to be causing severe problems
    elsewhere!

    You may have a virus/spyware hijack

    download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    viruses are not present on your PC
    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

    Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
    CoolWebSearch hijacker.

    Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
    http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe
    http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip

    download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    your system.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Jan 11, 2005

  3. LOL, I just want to know how much memory a certain program is using, thats
    all.

    Sseadoubleyou, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Sseadoubleyou

    Gort Guest

    Sseadoubleyou wrote:
    > LOL, I just want to know how much memory a certain program is using, thats
    > all.

    Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete at the same time. That brings up the Task Manager.
    Click the Processes tab, and scroll.

    HTH

    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    >>>open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>Why do you think you need to know?? - XP manages memory pretty well - and
    >>any program that causes problems is likely to be causing severe problems
    >>elsewhere!
    >>
    >>You may have a virus/spyware hijack
    >>
    >>download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    >>viruses are not present on your PC
    >>http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe
    >>
    >>- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
    >>
    >>Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
    >>CoolWebSearch hijacker.
    >>http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
    >>
    >>Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
    >>http://www.merijn.org/files/cwshredder.zip
    >>http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
    >>http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe
    >>http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
    >>
    >>download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    >>update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    >>your system.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>
    >>Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >>http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >>http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>
    >>Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

    Gort, Jan 11, 2005
  5. "Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    >I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    >open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Simple: Ctrl + Alt + Delete - windows tasks manager. Select the processes
    tab.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Jan 11, 2005
  6. "Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    >I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    >open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Ctrl, Alt Delete - task manager - select processes tab.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Jan 11, 2005
  7. Sseadoubleyou

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Sseadoubleyou mused:

    | I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    | open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

    Alternatively, you can right click on a blank area of the Task Bar, and
    choose Task Manager from the list ... then Processes tab.

    mhicaoidh, Jan 12, 2005
  8. Sseadoubleyou

    Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:45:31 -0500, "Sseadoubleyou"
    <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

    |> I want to see how much memory certain programs are using when I have them
    |> open but I can't remember how to check. Can someone tell me?

    Process explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
    Double click on the process.

    --