    I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    O.
    Thanks for any help
    jim, Feb 2, 2005

  2. jim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "jim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    |I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    |
    | How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    | through it ??
    | I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    | O.
    | Thanks for any help

    I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you edit your fonts. Maybe you can
    find a font editor online...
    Toolman Tim, Feb 2, 2005

  3. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    jim wrote:
    > I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    >
    > How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    > through it ??
    > I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    > O.
    > Thanks for any help

    Ø in win98se Alt+0216 Ø

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  4. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    jim wrote:
    > I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    >
    > How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    > through it ??
    > I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    > O.
    > Thanks for any help

    Forgot to add this:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  5. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "jim" <> wrote in message
    > |I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    > |
    > | How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    > | through it ??
    > | I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    > | O.
    > | Thanks for any help
    >
    > I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you edit your fonts. Maybe you can
    > find a font editor online...

    Hi Toolman Tim, I know you forgot about keyboard shortcuts
    Ø Alt+0216 Ø My short term memory banks fail at times also :)

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  6. jim

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: How do I change the zero to have a lije thru it
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Old Gringo <= wrote:

    >Ø in win98se Alt+0216 Ø

    That's not a zero, it's a capital "O".

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email
    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005
  7. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > Subject: Re: How do I change the zero to have a lije thru it
    > Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > => Old Gringo <= wrote:
    >

    >>Ø in win98se Alt+0216 Ø

    > That's not a zero, it's a capital "O".

    well lets find him a zero then. :)

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  8. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > Subject: Re: How do I change the zero to have a lije thru it
    > Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > => Old Gringo <= wrote:
    >

    >>Ø in win98se Alt+0216 Ø

    > That's not a zero, it's a capital "O".

    0 O Ø Ø436Ø78-OEM Hell thats close enough for government work.

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  9. jim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "jim" <> wrote in message
    > |I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    > |
    > | How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    > | through it ??
    > | I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    > | O.
    > | Thanks for any help
    >
    > I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you edit your fonts. Maybe you
    > can
    > find a font editor online...

    Hi Toolman Tim, I know you forgot about keyboard shortcuts
    Ø Alt+0216 Ø My short term memory banks fail at times also :)

    Just try and do some MATH formulas with it though <g>! It's not a zero...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 2, 2005
  10. jim

    °Mike° Guest

    The only font with an easily identifiable 'zero', and that
    comes with the system (IE5 +), is Andale Mono. It may
    not be suitable for all purposes, though, as it is a fixed
    width font. Try using this font, and see what you think.

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:46:58 GMT, in
    <>
    jim scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 2, 2005
  11. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >>"jim" <> wrote in message
    >>|I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    >>|
    >>| How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    >>| through it ??
    >>| I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    >>| O.
    >>| Thanks for any help
    >>
    >>I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you edit your fonts. Maybe you
    >>can
    >>find a font editor online...
    >>

    > Hi Toolman Tim, I know you forgot about keyboard shortcuts
    > Ø Alt+0216 Ø My short term memory banks fail at times also :)
    >
    > Just try and do some MATH formulas with it though <g>! It's not a zero...

    The only time I ever used a zero with a line through it was in the
    Military. There was also a Z with a line through it. The line
    through the Zero separated it from O and the line through the Z
    separated it from 2 for those with messy handwriting. Neither one of
    the characters were used to calculate math.

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  12. jim

    tommy Guest

    "jim" <> wrote in message
    >I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    >
    > How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    > thru...........

    Why not ask linonut (or lin(zero w/a line thru it)nut? He seems to be able
    to do it right here in OE. But beware, during his answer he'll probably
    refer to you as a fucktard, cuntwart, or fuckwit. If you're lucky he'll let
    you take your choice of the above three names. tomy
    tommy, Feb 2, 2005
  13. jim

    Vanguard Guest

    Vanguard, Feb 2, 2005
  14. jim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> "jim" <> wrote in message
    >> |I am using XP and Netscape 7.2
    >> |
    >> | How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    >> | through it ??
    >> | I want to use this to better distinguish zero from the capital letter
    >> | O.
    >> | Thanks for any help
    >>
    >> I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you edit your fonts. Maybe
    >> you can find a font editor online...
    >>

    > Hi Toolman Tim, I know you forgot about keyboard shortcuts
    > Ø Alt+0216 Ø My short term memory banks fail at times also :)

    In the English language (USA version) where is the application of o
    with a slash through it put to use?

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  15. jim

    Carol2 Guest

    Jim........the closest I can find is Ø. Hit Alt + 0216.

    HTH,
    Carol2

    Carol2, Feb 2, 2005
  16. jim

    Vanguard Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > The only font with an easily identifiable 'zero', and that
    > comes with the system (IE5 +), is Andale Mono. It may
    > not be suitable for all purposes, though, as it is a fixed
    > width font. Try using this font, and see what you think.

    Andale Mono does not come with IE6 or with Windows XP. It comes with MS
    Office 2001 (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272769) but not with all
    versions of Office, and it comes with IE5
    (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FID=11&FNAME=Andale Mono
    and http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=82) but
    not with IE6 (so it was incorrect to say came with IE5+ which implies
    IE6; it just comes with IE5). I don't have the Andale Mono font because
    it does *not* come with IE6, Windows XP, or MS Office XP (student
    version). My guess is you are running Windows 98, MS Office 2001, or
    IE5 - but the OP said they were using XP which probably meant Windows
    XP.

    You used to be able to download the core fonts for various versions of
    Windows from Microsoft but not anymore
    (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/News.aspx?NID=414). You
    might find a free font that fits from a foundry listed at
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/links.aspx?type=free&part=1.

    Don't know why Microsoft decided to stop providing downloads for the
    core fonts. Don't know why Microsoft decided to stop providing their
    FTP site at ftp://ftp.microsoft.com where you could get portions of the
    Resource Kits. The only constant is change.

    Vanguard, Feb 2, 2005
  17. jim

    Vanguard Guest

    Vanguard, Feb 2, 2005
  18. Vanguard wrote:

> [...]

    Doesn't work. The proper sig delimiter is hyphen-hyphen-space-return.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Response To Extended Endless September:
    Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 2, 2005
  19. jim

    Vanguard Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Vanguard wrote:

    What topic where you responding to? Did you see a signature in my post?
    No, because there was no signature. I did NOT include a signature.
    That separator line is just that, a separate line to delineate the
    content thereafter as the reply, not as a signature. Signatures go at
    the END of the post. Everything after the sigdash ("<CRLF>-- <CRLF>")
    is the signature (and tossed by many NNTP clients when replying since
    signatures are considered fluff when quoting prior content).

    I used the "*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***" line as, gee, a reply separator.
    Why? Because the poster used quoted-printable and under some conditions
    a reply ends up not correctly quoting that post. Without the separator
    line, my reply would look like a continuance of the prior content (i.e.,
    it would be just another paragraph following the unquoted material).
    I'm not going to waste my time manually inserting the ">" prefix quoting
    character to get the correct level of indentation. Simpler just to
    slide in a separator line. I'm not the only one that does this as I
    actually picked up on this from lots of other posts that I've seen do
    it, too. As a Linux proselytizer, I figured you would already have the
    wherewithal to understand what a separator line was for.

    See below? THAT is my signature. There wasn't a signature in my prior
    post. There is a signature in this post.

    Vanguard, Feb 2, 2005
  20. jim

    Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:38:55 GMT, "tommy" <>
    wrote:

    |> > How do you set the numeral zero so that it has a line diagonally
    |>
    |> Why not ask linonut (or lin(zero w/a line thru it)nut? He seems to be able
    |> to do it right here in OE.

    It's just a lower case Alt 0216
    Ø ø

    --