    how do I change is to something of my own choice?
    If I just change the name will it affect any other settings?
    Thanks

    Ron Morin, Mar 24, 2006

  2. Ron Morin

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:23:08 -0500, "Ron Morin" <> wrote:

    >At present my router setting shows the name of my wireless network to be
    >LINKSYS.
    >how do I change is to something of my own choice?
    >If I just change the name will it affect any other settings?
    >Thanks

    a) You could try reading the manual.
    If you have lost it, download one from their website.

    b) No, changing the name won't affect anything else
    but you may need to change settings on your PC's
    that connect to it to reflect the name change.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 24, 2006

  3. "Ron Morin" <> wrote in

    > At present my router setting shows the name of my wireless
    > network to be LINKSYS.
    > how do I change is to something of my own choice?
    > If I just change the name will it affect any other settings?
    > Thanks

    You should also look into setting up encryption of your wireless
    network, preferably using WPA-PSK. RTFM

    Frazer Jolly Goodfellow, Mar 25, 2006