    on some photos. Anyone know how you do this?
    Thanks,

    Arty

    ART SANTELLA, Aug 11, 2004

  2. ART SANTELLA <> wrote in
    news::

    > Is anyone out there familiar with Paint Shop Pro? I have to decrease
    > the resolution on some photos. Anyone know how you do this?

    Image / Resize (or Shift S)

    --
    Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

    Peter Strömberg, Aug 11, 2004

  3. ART SANTELLA <> wrote in

    > Is anyone out there familiar with Paint Shop Pro? I have to decrease
    > the resolution on some photos. Anyone know how you do this?

    That just HAVE to be in the manual. Read it.

    BTW - before looking in the manual you must decide what
    you mean by decreasing the resolution; do you want less
    pixels or do you want a larger picture. Both are decreasing
    the resolution.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 11, 2004
  4. "ART SANTELLA" <> wrote in message
    > Is anyone out there familiar with Paint Shop Pro? I have to decrease the

    resolution
    > on some photos. Anyone know how you do this?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arty

    You'll do better with PSP questions at another newsgroup:
    comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.

    And an excellent source of procedures for PSP is at www.campratty.com

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 11, 2004
  5. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:34:19 GMT, ART SANTELLA
    <> wrote:

    >Is anyone out there familiar with Paint Shop Pro? I have to decrease the resolution
    >on some photos. Anyone know how you do this?
    >Thanks,

    PSP is a very straight forward program similar in some ways to
    Photoshop, but not quite as elaborate.

    You might state what you mean by reducing the resolution.
    Do you really just want to keep the image the same size and reduce the
    pixels per inch as when posting on the Internet or making the image
    small enough to e-mail, or do you wish to print it as a smaller image?

    To do this is *similar* in PSP, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
    In PSP select [Image] from the title bar. Then select <resize> from
    the drop down menu. You can then select the desired size of the image
    in pixels, % of the original image, OR you can select the "print size"
    in inches AND the printing resolution in pixels per inch which more
    correctly is dots per inch.
    You only change either the length, or width and maintain the aspect
    ratio which is the ratio between height and width.

    Cropping should be done prior to resizing.

    As a suggestion, unless you really want to destroy the original, make
    the original [read only] and then do a <Save As> with the
    modified/manipulated image with an altered name. This gives you an
    unaltered image to which you can return and "start over" as if often
    the need. <:)) This is particularly important if you are working
    with JPG images as each save will reduce the quality of the image.

    When all else fails, PSP does come with a pretty good manual.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Aug 11, 2004
  6. hmmm