    they are color corrected.

    I understand so far that I would need a gretagmacbeth colorchecker. No
    problem, I'll order one. What next?
    Mike Henley, Nov 13, 2004

  2. "Mike Henley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a fujifilm f810. I would like to calibrate the colors of its
    > resulting images so that they're as close to natural as possible. I
    > also have an office-use-type all-in-one canon smartbase mp360
    > scanner-printer. I also have paintshop pro 9 and would like to make a
    > script to batch process all the resulting images from the camera so
    > they are color corrected.
    >
    > I understand so far that I would need a gretagmacbeth colorchecker. No
    > problem, I'll order one. What next?

    Before you spring for a color checker, try the procedure at
    http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/b9a.html.

    There is a lot more good info for psp at campratty.com.
    Marvin Margoshes, Nov 13, 2004

  3. With constant use of custom white balance you will get where you want to be.
    Since I am not that anal and forget to set it....I just shoot RAW and make
    those decisions later. Because you can use last group of settings it is a
    bit automated...but could be better.

    Right now my workflow is to pull off my ORF files from the camera using
    Adobe's DNG and use them for RAW processing....that gets 90% of my photos
    ready to print.

    Gene Palmiter, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Mike Henley" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a fujifilm f810. I would like to calibrate the colors of its
    > > resulting images so that they're as close to natural as possible. I
    > > also have an office-use-type all-in-one canon smartbase mp360
    > > scanner-printer. I also have paintshop pro 9 and would like to make a
    > > script to batch process all the resulting images from the camera so
    > > they are color corrected.
    > >
    > > I understand so far that I would need a gretagmacbeth colorchecker. No
    > > problem, I'll order one. What next?

    > Before you spring for a color checker, try the procedure at
    > http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/b9a.html.
    >
    > There is a lot more good info for psp at campratty.com.

    Okay, I don't want to calibrate the monitor or the printer. I want to
    calibrate the images I get from the camera. Different cameras will
    capture the same color chart with different color accuracy; how can I
    make sure that the images I get from the camera can be
    color-corrected? I'm assuming there is a software that can help me do
    that so I can eventually allow me to shift colors so they are
    accurate.
    Mike Henley, Nov 26, 2004
  5. Mike Henley

    Jer Guest

    Mike Henley wrote:

    > "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>"Mike Henley" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have a fujifilm f810. I would like to calibrate the colors of its
    >>>resulting images so that they're as close to natural as possible. I
    >>>also have an office-use-type all-in-one canon smartbase mp360
    >>>scanner-printer. I also have paintshop pro 9 and would like to make a
    >>>script to batch process all the resulting images from the camera so
    >>>they are color corrected.
    >>>
    >>>I understand so far that I would need a gretagmacbeth colorchecker. No
    >>>problem, I'll order one. What next?

    >>Before you spring for a color checker, try the procedure at
    >>http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/b9a.html.
    >>
    >>There is a lot more good info for psp at campratty.com.

    > Okay, I don't want to calibrate the monitor or the printer. I want to
    > calibrate the images I get from the camera. Different cameras will
    > capture the same color chart with different color accuracy; how can I
    > make sure that the images I get from the camera can be
    > color-corrected? I'm assuming there is a software that can help me do
    > that so I can eventually allow me to shift colors so they are
    > accurate.

    But if your monitor isn't calibrated, how do you know what needs to be
    done to the images it displays?

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >But if your monitor isn't calibrated, how do you know what needs to be
    >done to the images it displays?

    Well I'm hoping a software can measure the color accuracy in the images the
    camera give and I want to know what process I can do to correct them. I just
    simply want the most accurate colors i can get. I'm hoping eventually that some
    software can give me enough information about the color error so I can make a
    script with PSP9 and have colors corrected.

    You see, something like this

    http://www.imatest.com/docs/colorcheck.html

    Now, I'm wondering if someone has done something similar to this. What other
    programs they've used, what process. I mean, I'm sure all those people who'd
    been using colorchecker for a long time now are using something.
    Sabineellen, Nov 27, 2004