How do I calculate Percentage Bandwidth Utilization?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ishaam, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. Ishaam

    Ishaam Guest

    Hi All,

    I have the following information from Cisco IP Accounting logs and
    need to calculate percentage
    bandwidth on the link. Please assist with the correct formula to do
    this:

    Total Traffic ON Link in MB : (Link speed is 512k expanded to 1MB)

    187.2373829 MB - outgoing traffic
    894.9968338 MB - incoming traffic

    Then I want to calculate this specific workstations traffic
    untilization on this same link:

    Total Traffic for workstation on Link (Link speed is 512k expanded to
    1MB)

    5.777848244 MB - outgoing traffic
    45.97562218 MB - incoming traffic

    Thanks
    Ishaam

    Ishaam, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Ishaam

    Ishaam Guest

    On Apr 11, 9:46 am, "Ishaam" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have the following information from Cisco IP Accounting logs and
    > need to calculate percentage
    > bandwidth on the link. Please assist with the correct formula to do
    > this:
    >
    > Total Traffic ON Link in MB : (Link speed is 512k expanded to 1MB)
    >
    > 187.2373829 MB - outgoing traffic
    > 894.9968338 MB - incoming traffic
    >
    > Then I want to calculate this specific workstations traffic
    > untilization on this same link:
    >
    > Total Traffic for workstation on Link (Link speed is 512k expanded to
    > 1MB)
    >
    > 5.777848244 MB - outgoing traffic
    > 45.97562218 MB - incoming traffic
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ishaam

    I I forgot to add, that these traffic logs occured in a time frame of
    2hrs30min.

    Thanks
    Ishaam

    Ishaam, Apr 11, 2007