    I'm getting harrassing emails from certain individuals and I want to
    know how to block them from emailing me all together.

    Thanks so much, Bev
    Bev, Aug 4, 2006

  2. Bev

    gwtc Guest

    Bev wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone could answer the following question.
    > How do I block certain email addresses from emailing me in Thunderbird?
    >
    > I'm getting harrassing emails from certain individuals and I want to
    > know how to block them from emailing me all together.
    >
    > Thanks so much, Bev

    you really can't. That would have to be done at the server level. In
    otherwords, contact your email provider and get them to block them.
    Otherwise, you could create a message filter [under tools], that would
    contain the email addresses from those individuals, and have them
    marked as read and sent to the trash.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
    with a single click.
    gwtc, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Bev

    Bev Guest

    I've run a message filter on them already. I kinda figured I couldn't
    block them... that's why I ran the filter on them.
    Thanks for your advice though. It's greatly appreciated.

    Bev, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Bev

    Sniper .308 Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:30:37 -0600, Bev <> wrote:

    >> you really can't. That would have to be done at the server level. In
    >> otherwords, contact your email provider and get them to block them.
    >> Otherwise, you could create a message filter [under tools], that would
    >> contain the email addresses from those individuals, and have them marked
    >> as read and sent to the trash.

    You can also contact their ISP and report them for harassment.
    Sniper .308, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Bev

    Bev Guest

    Thanks guys, I've done that too.

    It's just in Outlook you can block them, without contacting ISP's etc...
    so I was wondering if you could do that in ThunderBird as well since I
    refuse to use Outlook or IE.

    If I knew how to install Linux it would be on my machine in a silver
    dollar minute. But I am not that computer savvy.

    Thanks for all you help.
    Sincerely, Bev

    Bev, Aug 7, 2006
  6. Bev wrote:
    > Thanks guys, I've done that too.
    >
    > It's just in Outlook you can block them, without contacting ISP's etc...
    > so I was wondering if you could do that in ThunderBird as well since I
    > refuse to use Outlook or IE.
    >
    > If I knew how to install Linux it would be on my machine in a silver
    > dollar minute. But I am not that computer savvy.
    >
    > Thanks for all you help.
    > Sincerely, Bev
    >

    > Sniper .308 wrote:

    >> You can also contact their ISP and report them for harassment.

    No, it isnt blocking them with Outlook, it is simply filtering them out
    for you, the same as Mozilla products do

    From the Outlook description
    E-mail messages from a certain e-mail address or domain name can easily
    be blocked by adding the sender to your Blocked Senders List. Messages
    from people or domain names on your Blocked Senders List will always be
    treated as junk e-mail messages, regardless of the content of the message.

    So its not 'blocking' them, its simply moving them (treating them as
    Junk) - a filter.
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 7, 2006