    Messages:
    1
    I have windows and i have firefox. I want to block a website but i dont know how. Can someone please help me please please please and when you answer can you respond with steps

    Brittany22, Mar 6, 2012

  2. Brittany22

    sturner

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Blocking a website is done in one of several manners. For a business the IT department writes rules for the firewall device.

    For home use it is similar. Your router will usually have the ability to block a website either through the IP address or URI. Another method is to use a monitoring software program like Net Nanny. On the Mac you can configure a user account to not access certain websites as well.

    Post again to give details on your particular situation, as it will depend upon your network, and what you need.

    sturner, Mar 21, 2012

  3. Brittany22

    ServerTechSupport

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Nashik, India
    Open C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts in notepad or any other text editor
    Locate the line 127.0.0.1 localhost
    To block the website google.com for example, just add this text under 127.0.0.1 localhost:

    127.0.0.1 google.com
    127.0.0.1 www.google.com

    You can add as many sites any site, However you will need to prefix it with "127.0.0.1".

    Save the file. Google will now be blocked in all web browser. This is an advanced but easy method on how to block a website.

    ServerTechSupport, Mar 30, 2012
  4. Brittany22

    Christopher Marks

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I will Give You Solution In your Questions that have Proven and tested.
    First Solution
    Open My computer -----> go to Drive C: -----> Windows----->System32 -----> drivers -----> etc ----> and open to notepad Host File.
    For Clear explanation
    First click my computer then you will see Drive C: double click it then next you will see windows folder click it and find System 32 folder next double click that folder then go drivers folder then click etc folder after you click ETC folder you will see host file there then open that file to notepad. When the host file open you will see 127.0.0.1 localhost now under this if you want to block websites you can add 10.0.0.1 websiteyouwanttoblock.com example of site to block 10.0.0.1 redtube.com
    or if you want a shortcut go to start then find run then paste this C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc , If you find error Find if where your Operating System files have mostly you find it in Drive C or D, If you see your OS files in drive D simply change C: to D:
    Another Solution is Download Free Software Filtering or Blocker
    Example is www.k9webprotection.com/ You can also follow the steps here http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-block-certain-websites

    Christopher Marks, Jun 3, 2012