    Cable Modem (Ethernet)
    AirPlus G Wireless PCI Adapter
    AirPlus G Wireless Cardbus Adapter (Laptop)
    Little k, Jan 13, 2006

  2. In news:BeMxf.89872$,
    Little k <> typed:
    > How can I reset my D-Link Wireless connection to 192.168.0.1 so that
    > I don't have to put in the password?

    Not sure what you mean - you can do a hard reset on the Dlink if you follow
    the manufacturer's instructions, which will take it back to the factory
    default settings.

    >In other words have it as though
    > I never tried to connect to the site. When I entered Admin and then
    > the password did this mean I registered to the D-Link site and there
    > is no turning back.

    No, it has nothing to do with product registration. It's a local login to
    the router.

    What problems are you having that bring you you ask this? There may be a
    fix, but you'll have to provide more information first.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jan 13, 2006

  3. Little k

    Little k Guest

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    <> wrote in message

    > In news:BeMxf.89872$,
    > Little k <> typed:
    >> How can I reset my D-Link Wireless connection to 192.168.0.1 so that
    >> I don't have to put in the password?

    > Not sure what you mean - you can do a hard reset on the Dlink if you
    > follow the manufacturer's instructions, which will take it back to the
    > factory default settings.
    >

    >>In other words have it as though
    >> I never tried to connect to the site. When I entered Admin and then
    >> the password did this mean I registered to the D-Link site and there
    >> is no turning back.

    > No, it has nothing to do with product registration. It's a local login to
    > the router.
    >
    > What problems are you having that bring you you ask this? There may be a
    > fix, but you'll have to provide more information first.
    >

    >> Windows XP Home SP2
    >> 768MB
    >> Cable Modem (Ethernet)
    >> AirPlus G Wireless PCI Adapter
    >> AirPlus G Wireless Cardbus Adapter (Laptop)

    Thank you for the response Lanwench. First of all the hard reset,would that
    be pressing the reset button? I have done that. The reason for this post is
    due to the fact that I couldn't get both the pc & laptop to access the
    Internet. I have decided to use the adapter for the laptop and the ethernet
    lead from the router to the pc, that way I can access the net with both. If
    I insert the PCI card I will get the message that it can't be found. Without
    the PCI card I can use the pc & laptop as workgroups.
    Little k, Jan 13, 2006
  4. Little k

    Little k Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > TO do a hard reset on the router, you need to hold the reset button and
    > unplug the router, and eep holding the reset button for another 10
    > seconds to set it back to the factory settings.

    Thanks for the heads-up. I thought it was just a matter of keeping it
    pressed for 10 secs, didn't know about switching it off. Thanks again.
    Little k, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Little k

    Guest

    TO do a hard reset on the router, you need to hold the reset button and
    unplug the router, and eep holding the reset button for another 10
    seconds to set it back to the factory settings.
    , Jan 13, 2006
  6. In news:5XSxf.75503$,
    Little k <> typed:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> TO do a hard reset on the router, you need to hold the reset button
    >> and unplug the router, and eep holding the reset button for another
    >> 10 seconds to set it back to the factory settings.
    >>

    > Thanks for the heads-up. I thought it was just a matter of keeping it
    > pressed for 10 secs, didn't know about switching it off. Thanks again.

    Make sure you reset WEP/WPA afterwards....as well as changing the default
    admin password.
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jan 13, 2006
  7. Little k

    Little k Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > TO do a hard reset on the router, you need to hold the reset button and
    > unplug the router, and eep holding the reset button for another 10
    > seconds to set it back to the factory settings.

    That's the message baked800. I'm into the wizard start again. Thanks very
    much.
    Little k, Jan 13, 2006