How do I backup weekly files using Nero?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Need Help, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Need Help

    Need Help Guest

    I need to make weekly backups of a database file using Nero v7.

    I like to re-name the file to include the date and just keep adding
    the weekly backup file to the DVD Re-Writable. I tried creating a
    multi-session disk and the first burn was successful, however, Nero
    won't let me add files to the disk afterwards and won't even show me
    the file on the disk unless I go into the Nero Express mode in which
    case, it will let me add files to the disk but Windows XP can't read
    its content. That seems useless if ever my system crashes and I need
    to restore the files on the disk.

    So what I need is to be able to keep adding files to the DVD RW and
    still extract the files off of it should my system crash.

    What's the best way to do my backups?

    TIA

    Need Help, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Need Help

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:05:43 -0400, Need Help wrote:

    >I need to make weekly backups of a database file using Nero v7.
    >
    >I like to re-name the file to include the date and just keep adding

    You have the ren(ame) command and time / date variables at the cmd
    prompt, www.google.com and lots of batch file utils and tutorials.

    www.google.com , nero 7 multisession issues

    >won't let me add files to the disk afterwards and won't even show me
    >the file on the disk unless I go into the Nero Express mode in which
    >case, it will let me add files to the disk but Windows XP can't read

    Windows XP isn't Nero, why should it see Nero MS burned sessions.

    >its content. That seems useless if ever my system crashes and I need
    >to restore the files on the disk.

    Don't multi session it.

    >So what I need is to be able to keep adding files to the DVD RW and
    >still extract the files off of it should my system crash.

    If that doesn't work as you say then change your requirements to
    something that does work, it seems it's more important to have a backup
    of the data then using RW over another type.

    >What's the best way to do my backups?

    Acronis True Image, FTP , WinRAR, WinZip, other zip / archiver. Another
    disk, DAT , lots of ways exist.

    Me

    why?, Apr 21, 2006