    your system." How do I do that?

    Thanks,
    Jo

    Jo M, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Jo M

    Parko Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:38:05 -0500, Jo M wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My computer wants to install the update Windows Service Pack 2 for Windows
    > XP. When the setup wizard appeared it suggested that first to "back up
    > your system." How do I do that?

    From your XP install disc:
    file:/mnt/cdrom/valueadd/msft/ntbackup/ntbackup.msi
    But you'll have to fart around with the path coz I gave you the Linux way
    of finding it.

    > Thanks,
    > Jo

    AddenNTBackup Backup/Restore and ASR release notes

    Backup/Restore

    ASR

    1. ASR is not supported on home edition.

    IF you install NtBackup from the CD to the Home Edition, ASR functionality will appear to work fine during
    the backup session. Since the setup does not support ASR in the home edition, there is no way to initiate
    the ASR restore in case of a disaster. If you need to restore from this session, install Windows XP manually
    and then restore from the ASR media.

    2. Backup to CDRW

    If you decide to backup to a CDRW, you cannot target that device directly. You must create a backup set of
    650MB or less and backup to a file. After the file is complete, copy the file to the CDRW.

    Please refer to the readme for XP home edition for additional notes.da:

    BTW: It does work in XP Home, truly.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Jo M

    dragotown Guest

    Hi Jo

    Go to Start/ all programs/ accessories/ system restore
    Here you can create a new system restore before you install SP2.
    Nick dragotown.com
    dragotown, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Get an external USB hard Drive & use it on a regular basis from now on; not
    just this once.

    Bruce T. Berger, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Jo M

    Parko Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:13:40 -0800, dragotown wrote:

    > Hi Jo
    >
    > Go to Start/ all programs/ accessories/ system restore
    > Here you can create a new system restore before you install SP2.
    > Nick dragotown.com

    System Restore is a furphy.
    Parko, Dec 21, 2004