    Using Netscape as mail client but I cannot figure out how to back up my
    mail messages so I can keep the program clean. Can I back up and where
    are the mail messages stored? Running OSX10.2.8. Thanks.
    murman, Jun 24, 2004

  2. murman

    Moz Champion Guest

    murman wrote:

    > Using Netscape as mail client but I cannot figure out how to back up my
    > mail messages so I can keep the program clean. Can I back up and where
    > are the mail messages stored? Running OSX10.2.8. Thanks.

    murman

    Your mail is stored in your profile. On OS X its located here
    Mac HD/Users/<name>/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/<name>/random.slt
    You can find the mail files in the Mail folder (who woulda guessed <g>) within the profile.

    To back up your mail, make a copy of the files withing the Mail folder, ignoring those that end in .msf (those are just index files) and .sbd (folder entries) Best to do this with Netscape off (quit)

    You can easily make archives of messages. Simply create a folder in Netscape with a unique name and move the mail you want to archive to there. Then quit Netscape and drag the file out of the Profiles Mail folder and store it. Anytime you want to re-access the mail, simply drop it back into where it came from. Use different unique name for each archive folder, and dont touch the .msf (or .sbd) files of that name.

    Just for interests sake the Macintosh group on secnews is
    snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape7.macintosh

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jun 25, 2004