    vbMark

    P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this newsgroup get
    very upset when you do that. Sorry.
    vbmark, Aug 10, 2005

  2. vbmark

    TNKEV Guest

    > P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this
    > newsgroup get very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    you already posted your link and now you have reposted your spam to
    keep you spam on top.
    nice work spammer.
    TNKEV, Aug 10, 2005

  3. vbmark

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:06:02 GMT, vbmark <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have made a screensaver and, of course, want people to know about it.
    >How does one let the world know?
    >
    >Is there a website that I can post it to? What is the best way?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >vbMark
    >
    >P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this newsgroup get
    >very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    And double-posting the same question will not make any friends either.
    Harrison, Aug 10, 2005
  4. vbmark

    vbmark Guest

    "TNKEV" <> wrote in news:ddd5os$51d$1
    @domitilla.aioe.org:

    >> P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this
    >> newsgroup get very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    > you already posted your link and now you have reposted your spam to
    > keep you spam on top.
    > nice work spammer.

    Gah! Just can't please anyone. How old are you, 12?
    vbmark, Aug 10, 2005
  5. vbmark

    Guest

    vbmark <> wrote:

    |>Hello,
    |>
    |>I have made a screensaver and, of course, want people to know about it.
    |>How does one let the world know?
    |>
    |>Is there a website that I can post it to? What is the best way?

    So your asking the .01% of the US population :)

    Just the basics, a good readme.txt and post to sourceforge.net,
    tucows.com, and such; Post it as a Torrent or to a P2P site.

    The number one way to push your software would for it to be mention'd
    on Slashdot.org - so it's got to be good stuff.
    http://tinyurl.com/8h4ab

    |>P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this newsgroup get
    |>very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    This group see's it's fair share of spam, folks get a little trigger
    happy because of it :)

    --
    , Aug 10, 2005
  6. vbmark

    vbmark Guest

    wrote in

    > vbmark <> wrote:
    >
    >|>Hello,
    >|>
    >|>I have made a screensaver and, of course, want people to know about
    >|>it. How does one let the world know?
    >|>
    >|>Is there a website that I can post it to? What is the best way?
    >
    > So your asking the .01% of the US population :)

    I think I was shot down with that off-the-cuff remark.

    > Post it as a Torrent or to a P2P site.

    Wow, good tips. Thanks.
    vbmark, Aug 10, 2005
  7. vbmark

    TNKEV Guest

    vbmark wrote:
    > "TNKEV" <> wrote in news:ddd5os$51d$1
    > @domitilla.aioe.org:
    >

    >>> P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this
    >>> newsgroup get very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    >> you already posted your link and now you have reposted your spam to
    >> keep you spam on top.
    >> nice work spammer.
    >>

    > Gah! Just can't please anyone. How old are you, 12?

    12 and a half!
    TNKEV, Aug 10, 2005
  8. I have made a screensaver involving a ball.
    If anyones interested.

    nevillenevilleson, Aug 10, 2005
  9. vbmark

    vbmark Guest

    "TNKEV" <> wrote in news:dddasl$cfh$1
    @domitilla.aioe.org:

    > vbmark wrote:
    >> "TNKEV" <> wrote in news:ddd5os$51d$1
    >> @domitilla.aioe.org:

    >>> you already posted your link and now you have reposted your spam to
    >>> keep you spam on top.
    >>> nice work spammer.
    >>>

    >> Gah! Just can't please anyone. How old are you, 12?

    > 12 and a half!

    LOL!
    vbmark, Aug 10, 2005
  10. vbmark

    vbmark Guest

    "nevillenevilleson" <> wrote in

    > I have made a screensaver involving a ball.
    > If anyones interested.

    I'm interested.

    http://www.vbmark.com
    Only the best freeware.
    vbmark, Aug 10, 2005
  11. vbmark

    trout Guest

    vbmark wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2
    > @authen.white.readfreenews.net:
    >
    >> vbmark wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I have made a screensaver and, of course, want people to know about
    >>> it. How does one let the world know?
    >>>
    >>> Is there a website that I can post it to? What is the best way?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> vbMark
    >>>
    >>> P.S. I'd post a link to to my screensaver but people in this
    >>> newsgroup get very upset when you do that. Sorry.

    >> As mentioned in your first thread; it is fine to include a link
    >> to your website in a properly-delimited signature in the course of
    >> regular Usenet postings.
    >> Just not in a post that says "hey, look at my sig".

    > How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    said?
    Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    defensive tone is innappropriate.
    --
    Let's just move on, shall we?
    trout, Aug 11, 2005
  12. wrote:

    > Newsreaders see the --<space><enter> and cut it off for the reply
    >
    > Back when mine was hugh :) e-mail address, pgp key, finger address,

    I haven't seen Hugh in ages. No wonder -- he fell into your old sig
    and was never seen again. ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 11, 2005
  13. vbmark

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    |> wrote:
    |>>
    |>> Newsreaders see the --<space><enter> and cut it off for the reply
    |>>
    |>> Back when mine was hugh :) e-mail address, pgp key, finger address,
    |>
    |>I haven't seen Hugh in ages. No wonder -- he fell into your old sig
    |>and was never seen again. ;)

    Damn, Huge! I really thought it was correct this time, I'm going to
    have to use another word for large. <g>
    --

    Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue
    , Aug 11, 2005
  14. vbmark

    Old Gringo Guest

    trout wrote:
    > vbmark wrote:
    >

    >>"trout" <> wrote in news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2
    >>@authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>> As mentioned in your first thread; it is fine to include a link
    >>>to your website in a properly-delimited signature in the course of
    >>>regular Usenet postings.
    >>>Just not in a post that says "hey, look at my sig".

    >>How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    > Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    > posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    > and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    > said?
    > Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    > It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    > defensive tone is innappropriate.

    :) Don't you have anything better to do?

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Aug 11, 2005
  15. vbmark

    trout Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >> vbmark wrote:
    >>

    >>> "trout" <> wrote in
    >>> news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2 @authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>> How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    >> Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    >> posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in
    >> public, and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone
    >> else has said?
    >> Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    >> It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    >> defensive tone is innappropriate.

    > :) Don't you have anything better to do?

    I *could* drone on incessantly about the weather with a troll, or
    try to appoint myself as the newgroups designated head-patter of the
    ignorant, but I decided to answer a question that was put to me,
    instead.
    --
    It's obvious that *you* don't.
    trout, Aug 11, 2005
  16. vbmark

    Old Gringo Guest

    trout wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >

    >>trout wrote:

    >>> Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    >>>posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in
    >>>public, and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone
    >>>else has said?
    >>> Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    >>> It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    >>>defensive tone is innappropriate.

    >>:) Don't you have anything better to do?

    > I *could* drone on incessantly about the weather with a troll, or
    > try to appoint myself as the newgroups designated head-patter of the
    > ignorant, but I decided to answer a question that was put to me,
    > instead.

    :)_ OMG

    Old Gringo, Aug 11, 2005
  17. vbmark

    vbmark Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa911b$0$82549$892e7fe2
    @authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    > vbmark wrote:
    >
    >> "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2
    >> @authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>> As mentioned in your first thread; it is fine to include a link
    >>> to your website in a properly-delimited signature in the course of
    >>> regular Usenet postings.
    >>> Just not in a post that says "hey, look at my sig".

    >> How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    > Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    > posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    > and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    > said?
    > Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    > It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    > defensive tone is innappropriate.

    Ok, I searched Google and could find no rule that says when posting to a
    newsgroup you can not say "hey, look at my sig". Can you please find it
    for me since you seem to know all the rules?

    Thanks.

    http://www.vbmark.com
    Only the best freeware.
    vbmark, Aug 11, 2005
  18. vbmark

    Old Gringo Guest

    vbmark wrote:
    > "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa911b$0$82549$892e7fe2
    > @authen.white.readfreenews.net:
    >

    >>vbmark wrote:
    >>

    >>>"trout" <> wrote in news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2
    >>>@authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>>How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    >> Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    >>posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    >>and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    >>said?
    >> Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    >> It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    >>defensive tone is innappropriate.

    > Ok, I searched Google and could find no rule that says when posting to a
    > newsgroup you can not say "hey, look at my sig". Can you please find it
    > for me since you seem to know all the rules?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Now you got the big picture.

    Old Gringo, Aug 11, 2005
  19. vbmark wrote:
    > "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa911b$0$82549$892e7fe2
    > @authen.white.readfreenews.net:
    >

    >>vbmark wrote:
    >>

    >>>"trout" <> wrote in news:42fa6372$0$64002$892e7fe2
    >>>@authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>>How is a person to know that? Where are the rules?

    >> Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    >>posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    >>and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    >>said?
    >> Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    >> It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    >>defensive tone is innappropriate.

    > Ok, I searched Google and could find no rule that says when posting to a
    > newsgroup you can not say "hey, look at my sig". Can you please find it
    > for me since you seem to know all the rules?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You also didn't find a rule that says you can either.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 11, 2005
  20. vbmark

    Old Gringo Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > vbmark wrote:
    >
    >> "trout" <> wrote in news:42fa911b$0$82549$892e7fe2
    >> @authen.white.readfreenews.net:

    >>> Perhaps you've heard of Google? Or considered *reading* a few
    >>> posts?Do you make a habit of walking up to a group of people in public,
    >>> and starting to talk, without hearing a word of what anyone else has
    >>> said?
    >>> Did you first drive a car by hopping in, and hitting the highway?
    >>> It's not my intention to belabour the point. But I believe your
    >>> defensive tone is innappropriate.

    >> Ok, I searched Google and could find no rule that says when posting to
    >> a newsgroup you can not say "hey, look at my sig". Can you please
    >> find it for me since you seem to know all the rules?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > You also didn't find a rule that says you can either.

    Kind of like the Bible, can't be proved right or wrong :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 11, 2005