    Steveg Guest

    How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone when im
    in this news room and responding to adds... thank you Steven Gauthier

    Steveg, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Steveg

    lsj7 Guest

    Steveg wrote:
    > How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone
    > when im in this news room and responding to adds... thank you Steven
    > Gauthier

    What's an "adds"?

    --
    lsj7

    "Germany is sheerly swallowed up by the merchants and companies, by
    means of usury. Usury lives all secure in Germany, and rages as if he
    were God and lord in all lands; no one may oppose him."
    _____________Martin Luther

    lsj7, Sep 25, 2003

  3. 1. there shouldn't be any ads here to respond too! 2. You are using Outlook
    Express, go to Message at the top of the screen/block sender.

    Cynthia Nollner, Sep 25, 2003
  4. lsj7 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <4mFcb.38880$>:

    > Steveg wrote:
    >> How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone
    >> when im in this news room and responding to adds... thank you
    >> Steven Gauthier

    > What's an "adds"?

    Google sez:

    He mainly posts in austin.forsale.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Steveg

    Herbert West Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:13:09 -0500, "lsj7"
    <> wrote:

    >Steveg wrote:
    >> How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone
    >> when im in this news room and responding to adds... thank you Steven
    >> Gauthier

    >What's an "adds"?

    Wow! this is a "newsroom?" Where's the editor and the reporters? What
    story am I assigned to and what's my deadline?

    Oh! He must mean "Chatroom." The Chatrooms are down the hall, to the
    left, next to the AOL Members-Only restrooms.

    Damn clueless newbie... He probably clicks on all those "Microsoft
    Security Updates" he gets in email, thinking they'll protect him from
    viruses, too. His machine is most likely busy sending Swen-A to his
    buddies by the 1000's while he's blissfully unaware, reading "ads" in
    chat... errr... newsrooms.

    I'd tell him how to use his "KILLFILL", but the Clue-by-four is in the
    other room and he's not worth getting out of my comfy-chair to get it.

    -herb-

    Herbert West, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Steveg

    trout Guest

    Steveg wrote:

    > How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone
    > when im in this news room and responding to adds... thank you Steven
    > Gauthier

    Oh, and you *do* know that it just hides their responses on *your*
    screen; and doesn't prevent them from posting replies that are seen by
    others.
    You shouldn't reply to them; but you may or may not want to know
    what they're saying about you. Just a thought.
    --
    "In case something defamatory needs to be corrected; for the sake of
    your reputation with readers."

    trout, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Steveg

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:11:10 GMT, "Steveg" <> wrote:

    >How do I add a person name/e-mail so that they will leave me alone when im
    >in this news room and responding to adds... thank you Steven Gauthier

    Need more information. What newsreader are you using?

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Sep 26, 2003