    info I can try and get that to you quickly.

    Thanks
    , Apr 30, 2007

  2. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > info I can try and get that to you quickly.

    Yeah, I got one for you, like downloading the manual from the HP website.
    Mr. Arnold, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:59:20 -0700, 2schrepfers wrote:

    > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > info I can try and get that to you quickly.

    I don't know if the 3600n has a web interface, it should, and you can
    browse to http://ip-of-printer and from there you can setup the device as
    a FIXED IP device.

    Once you do this, you install the printer on any machine in your network
    at its IP address and you can print to it without it being connected via
    another workstation. You will have to manually setup the printer IP and
    then manually add the printer to each computer.

    Many of the HP setup utilities can "Search" for the IP printer and make it
    simple for you.

    *** WARNING - this links contains foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/leythos.htm
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunter.htm
    Leythos, Apr 30, 2007
  4. pcbutts1 Guest

    Use this
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=lj-36108-1

    pcbutts1, Apr 30, 2007
  5. Sam DeSai Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > info I can try and get that to you quickly.
    >
    > Thanks

    If this is Windows XP or Windows 2000:

    On the PC in question that had the printer as a Print Share, change the
    port to ppoint to the IP address of the HP Jetdirect that represent the HP
    Printer.

    If it is another computer...
    add printer > local printer > create a new port > standard TCP/IP port
    for "printer name or IP address" type the IP address
    Then point to the CDROM or folder that had the INF file to install the HP
    3600 printer drivers.

    If this is Windows 98 or Windows Millenium you cabn download the "HP
    Install Network Printer Wizard"

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?&lang=en&cc=us&pnameOID=

    19656&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=27908&submit.y=7&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=us

    Although the web page doesn't mention it it works on Windows 98/ME as well
    as you can also use this on Windows XP or Windows 2000. The wizard makes
    it easy to setup.
    Sam DeSai, May 1, 2007
  6. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:59:20 -0700, 2schrepfers wrote:

    > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > info I can try and get that to you quickly.
    >
    > Thanks

    You can fumble through the menu system and find the Jet I/O part then
    fumble some more and quite possibly find out what the IP address is or you
    could download a manual from HP. I know that a few networked inkjet
    printers default to 192.168.1.77 from the factory.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, May 1, 2007
  7. Sam DeSai Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:59:20 -0700, 2schrepfers wrote:
    >
    > > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    > > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    > > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    > > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > > info I can try and get that to you quickly.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > You can fumble through the menu system and find the Jet I/O part then
    > fumble some more and quite possibly find out what the IP address is or you
    > could download a manual from HP. I know that a few networked inkjet
    > printers default to 192.168.1.77 from the factory.

    Close. They default to 192.0.0.192 and if the model supports IP Auto
    Configuration it may auto assign 169.254.x.y

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj02738&locale=en_

    US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=27905&prodTypeId=18972
    Sam DeSai, May 1, 2007
  8. Sam DeSai Guest

    Sam DeSai wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    > > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    > > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    > > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    > > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    > > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    > > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    > > info I can try and get that to you quickly.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > If this is Windows XP or Windows 2000:
    >
    > On the PC in question that had the printer as a Print Share, change the
    > port to ppoint to the IP address of the HP Jetdirect that represent the HP
    > Printer.
    >
    > If it is another computer...
    > add printer > local printer > create a new port > standard TCP/IP port
    > for "printer name or IP address" type the IP address
    > Then point to the CDROM or folder that had the INF file to install the HP
    > 3600 printer drivers.
    >
    > If this is Windows 98 or Windows Millenium you cabn download the "HP
    > Install Network Printer Wizard"
    >
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?&lang=en&cc=us&pnameOID=
    >
    > 19656&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=27908&submit.y=7&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=us
    >
    > Although the web page doesn't mention it it works on Windows 98/ME as well
    > as you can also use this on Windows XP or Windows 2000. The wizard makes
    > it easy to setup.

    UPDATE:

    v6 of "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" no longer supports Windows 98/ME.
    One would have to find v5.x which did support Windows 98.
    Sam DeSai, May 1, 2007
  9. Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:40:16 -0400, Sam DeSai wrote:

    > v6 of "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" no longer supports Windows
    > 98/ME. One would have to find v5.x which did support Windows 98.

    But you can add the printer as an IP printer and just load the driver
    without running the additional bloat that HP often puts in their driver
    CD's.

    Leythos, May 1, 2007
  10. Sam DeSai Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:40:16 -0400, Sam DeSai wrote:
    > >
    > > v6 of "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" no longer supports Windows
    > > 98/ME. One would have to find v5.x which did support Windows 98.

    > But you can add the printer as an IP printer and just load the driver
    > without running the additional bloat that HP often puts in their driver
    > CD's.

    It is not bloated like other software and the Wizard makes setting up a
    wired or wireless Jetdirect easy for the novice.
    Sam DeSai, May 1, 2007
  11. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:27:36 -0400, Sam DeSai wrote:

    > Subject: Re: How do I add my HP 3600n to the network though the router
    > From: Sam DeSai <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:27:36 -0400
    >
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:59:20 -0700, 2schrepfers wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a 3600n printer that we have had connected to a computer then
    >> > added to the network and that works fine. I would like to however add
    >> > to the router so that computer doesn't have to be turned on to be able
    >> > to print. I can't find where the manual for the printer is I do know
    >> > how to give it an ip address I have pinged that ip address and I can
    >> > get that to work. It doesn't show up when I go to try and add a
    >> > printer. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful and if you need more
    >> > info I can try and get that to you quickly.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    >> You can fumble through the menu system and find the Jet I/O part then
    >> fumble some more and quite possibly find out what the IP address is or you
    >> could download a manual from HP. I know that a few networked inkjet
    >> printers default to 192.168.1.77 from the factory.
    >>

    > Close. They default to 192.0.0.192 and if the model supports IP Auto
    > Configuration it may auto assign 169.254.x.y

    Heh ooops my Linksys NSU1 defaults to 192.168.1.77, sorry.

    :)
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794