    There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!

    Help!

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Tim

    Brian Guest

    "Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > This is driving me mad!
    >
    > There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    > find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
    >
    > Help!

    try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that out..
    get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

    Brian, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Tim

    atec Guest

    ..settings/controlpanel/users+passwords
    now do you really want to touch that machine ?
    I hope you can find your own arse .

    atec, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >"Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> This is driving me mad!
    >>
    >> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    >> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
    >>
    >> Help!
    >>

    >try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that out..
    >get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

    Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
    documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
    bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
    how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!

    Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:37:46 +1000, atec
    <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >.settings/controlpanel/users+passwords
    > now do you really want to touch that machine ?
    > I hope you can find your own arse .

    Please re-read the original post -

    "THERE IS NO "USERS AND PASSWORDS" ICON IN CONTROL PANEL".

    Thanks.

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004
  6. Tim

    atec Guest

    ok , so what did you screw up ?.

    atec, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Tim

    Brian Guest

    "Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> This is driving me mad!
    > >>
    > >> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    > >> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
    > >>
    > >> Help!
    > >>

    > >try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that

    out..
    > >get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

    > Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
    > documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
    > bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
    > how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
    >
    > Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

    first you need AD installed..see:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_w2k.htm
    adding users to AD
    http://www.visualwin.com/New-User-AD/

    Brian, Jul 24, 2004
  8. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:01:12 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
    >> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
    >> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
    >> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
    >>
    >> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?
    >>

    >first you need AD installed..see:
    >http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_w2k.htm

    Does that mean I do not have to install it? I would prefer not to
    install it if it is not completely necessary - all I want is an
    additional user that isn't an administrator.

    Many thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004
  9. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
    <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >ok , so what did you screw up ?.

    Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
    installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
    screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
    installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
    installation.

    Any ideas?

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004
  10. Tim

    atec Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:01:12 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
    > >> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
    > >> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
    > >> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
    > >>
    > >> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?
    > >>

    > >first you need AD installed..see:
    > >http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_w2k.htm

    > Does that mean I do not have to install it? I would prefer not to
    > install it if it is not completely necessary - all I want is an
    > additional user that isn't an administrator.
    >
    > Many thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.

    well it should have the icon , one would normally just do a cd repair
    option on a reboot ,

    atec, Jul 24, 2004
  11. Tim

    atec Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
    > <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >ok , so what did you screw up ?.

    > Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
    > installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
    > screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
    > installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
    > installation.

    Well have you tried rebooting into a repair option off the cd ?.
    I used to use 2k for a lot more but now only have this machine ,
    everything else is nix . So I have to admit Im not as close to the coal
    face these days .

    atec, Jul 24, 2004
  12. Tim

    atec Guest

    or you could do run/cmd
    then set and or help . Ive forgotten how but you should be able to add
    a use in dos .

    atec, Jul 24, 2004
  13. Tim

    Brian Guest

    "Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> This is driving me mad!
    > >>
    > >> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    > >> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
    > >>
    > >> Help!
    > >>

    > >try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that

    out..
    > >get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

    > Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
    > documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
    > bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
    > how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
    >
    > Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

    oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
    http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/win2k/win2kaccounts.html

    Brian, Jul 24, 2004
  14. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:16:42 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
    >http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/win2k/win2kaccounts.html

    And we have a winner!

    1000 Thanks Brian! You've made my day :)

    Now I'll have to crawl under a rock to hide my embarrasment at not
    being able to find that myself :-(

    Tim, Jul 24, 2004
  15. Tim

    Brian Guest

    "Tim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:16:42 +0200, "Brian" <> wrote:
    >

    > >oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
    > >http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/win2k/win2kaccounts.html

    > And we have a winner!
    >
    > 1000 Thanks Brian! You've made my day :)
    >
    > Now I'll have to crawl under a rock to hide my embarrasment at not
    > being able to find that myself :-(

    ur welcome..

    Brian, Jul 24, 2004
  16. Tim

    jj Guest

    atec has brought this to us :
    > or you could do run/cmd
    > then set and or help . Ive forgotten how but you should be able to add
    > a use in dos .
    >
    > Tim wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
    >> <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> ok , so what did you screw up ?.

    >> Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
    >> installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
    >> screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
    >> installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
    >> installation.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    No I'm sorry read the manual :-[

    --
    mbouhahaha

    jj, Jul 24, 2004
  17. Tim

    Linda Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > This is driving me mad!
    >
    > There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
    > find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
    >
    > Help!

    I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
    their network problems.

    Linda, Jul 24, 2004
  18. Tim

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Linda <> wrote in news:ffwMc.14678$K53.2228@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
    > their network problems.

    I spoke with the head of IT from a company who needed help finding his
    domains MX records. I mean, seriously:

    nslookup
    set type=mx
    domain.com

    The guy probably makes $100,000 a year more than me, and he needs help
    finding domain records.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 25, 2004
  19. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:37:31 GMT, Linda <>
    wrote:

    >I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
    >their network problems.

    I'm not, and I never said I was. What is your point exactly???

    Tim, Jul 25, 2004
  20. Tim

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Tim <> wrote in news:4597g01ilkjr1hplhc9e6fb2vqik779ftv@
    4ax.com:

    > I'm not, and I never said I was. What is your point exactly???

    Not to start anything, but I think his point is if you can't find the place
    to add a user, you shouldn't even be touching the server.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 25, 2004