    connects to his peer to peer windows network via a 10/100 24 port switch.
    The linksys box is also the dhcp server. Is there an easy way to do this?
    TIA

    whenindoubt, Feb 11, 2004

  2. whenindoubt

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:04:14 GMT, whenindoubt wrote:

    How much of your fee are you offering for an answer?
    USD $250 required.

    >Hi All,
    >I have a client who wants redundancy in his company internet connection. He
    >has cable internet and DSL and he wants me configure his network to use
    >both. Right now, the cable modem connects to a Linksys befsx41 which
    >connects to his peer to peer windows network via a 10/100 24 port switch.
    >The linksys box is also the dhcp server. Is there an easy way to do this?

    Yes and for free you can have this extended answer- www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Feb 11, 2004

  3. whenindoubt

    Harrison Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >I have a client who wants redundancy in his company internet connection. He
    >has cable internet and DSL and he wants me configure his network to use
    >both. Right now, the cable modem connects to a Linksys befsx41 which
    >connects to his peer to peer windows network via a 10/100 24 port switch.
    >The linksys box is also the dhcp server. Is there an easy way to do this?
    >TIA

    Advise the client to hire someone who knows how to do it.

    Harrison, Feb 11, 2004
  4. whenindoubt

    Dan Shea Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >I have a client who wants redundancy in his company internet connection. He
    >has cable internet and DSL and he wants me configure his network to use
    >both. Right now, the cable modem connects to a Linksys befsx41 which
    >connects to his peer to peer windows network via a 10/100 24 port switch.
    >The linksys box is also the dhcp server. Is there an easy way to do this?

    Get another router (another BEFSX41 will do fine), hook it in to the
    network, and configure it to be on the same subnet as the original.
    Eg. if the first router is on 192.168.1.1, put the second on
    192.168.1.2. Do not enable DHCP on this one.

    You can set up multiple default gateways in the advanced TCP/IP
    settings dialog in Windows 2000 and XP. Not sure if Windows 9x/ME
    supports this. Even though the NIC still picks up an IP address
    through DHCP from Router 1, you can manually set additional gateways.

    Email me regarding my percentage.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 12, 2004
  5. whenindoubt

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:59:37 GMT, Dan Shea wrote:

    >On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:04:14 GMT, "whenindoubt"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>I have a client who wants redundancy in his company internet connection. He

    <snip>
    >>The linksys box is also the dhcp server. Is there an easy way to do this?

    >Get another router (another BEFSX41 will do fine), hook it in to the
    >network, and configure it to be on the same subnet as the original.
    >Eg. if the first router is on 192.168.1.1, put the second on
    >192.168.1.2. Do not enable DHCP on this one.

    <snip>

    >Email me regarding my percentage.

    Too late, didn't you give too much away. Although the OP might not
    understand anyway.

    Me

    why?, Feb 12, 2004
  6. whenindoubt

    whenindoubt Guest

    Dan,
    100%
    whenindoubt

    whenindoubt, Feb 12, 2004
  7. whenindoubt

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:38:32 GMT, "whenindoubt"
    <> wrote:

    >Dan,
    >100%
    >whenindoubt

    You're welcome.

    The percentage I was talking about was my percentage of what your
    client is paying you, not the percentage of my answer that was
    correct. ;)

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 12, 2004
  8. whenindoubt

    paragshedbale

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Ha ha.

    Ha ha, i like this Dan guy. always good to see someone bring a smile to the face on these forums which are otherwise mundane owing to the technical jargon

    paragshedbale, Sep 30, 2011