    default, so you don't have to hold down shift.

    How is this done? I want it :) A virtual beer of your choice to the
    person that can answer this mystery...
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Well, this is so simple, you will hit me over thead with that beer I
    believe.

    In Display Properties | Screensavers, open Power Options and there you'll
    find a tab totally reserved for Hibernation settings.

    Tony. . .(ducking)

    Tony Sperling, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Well, that doesn't help Mark very much, because even with the "Enable
    hibernation" box checked, you still have to use the Shift key to hibernate.
    No virtual beer yet ;)

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Well, I havn't turned hib.on yet here, but on my Win2K it came active on
    activating hib. and then replacing Stand-By.

    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the many things that
    work differently in Nationalized versions?

    Tony. . .(ducking just the same)

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Tony Sperling, Sep 14, 2005
  5. On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:07:32 +0100, Mark Gillespie

    ahh.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893056
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 14, 2005
  6. I don't know, but if you want to hibernate, you can do it in a faster way by
    following those steps :

    Press the Windows key, then press "U" and then "H" for Hibernate.

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Great, but I tried this, and it doesn't work for me. Does it work for you,
    Mark ?

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 14, 2005
  8. On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:07:33 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure
    <> wrote:

    > Great, but I tried this, and it doesn't work for me. Does it work for
    > you,
    > Mark ?

    Yep it worked for me. I had to apply the hotfix, which is very well
    hidden in the article.. You have to ask Microsoft for the hotfix
    apparently and "may incur a support charge".. But it can be found on the
    net.
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 15, 2005
  9. Ok, because I should apply a hotfix *before* performing the Registry changes
    ? I only added a Registry key as described in the KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893056 article. Where did you get this
    hotfix ? Can't find it on the net (I made a Google search, but I think I'm
    tired tonight, LOL !)

    TIA.

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 15, 2005