How dare they give away free music!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Nov 29, 2010

  2. richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:

    > <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
    >
    > An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    > The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
    > national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
    > them to "give away free music"!

    Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?

    Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    --
    -bts
    -spoof v: make a parody of. Mockery, lampoon, charade, put-on.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 29, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
    >
    >> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
    >>
    >> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    >> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
    >> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
    >> them to "give away free music"!

    > Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
    >
    > Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    did you note the date?
    not exactly news is it?
    I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
    more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.
    richard, Nov 29, 2010
  4. richard the *disastrously* sto0pid wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
    >>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
    >>>
    >>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    >>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
    >>> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
    >>> them to "give away free music"!

    >> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
    >>
    >> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    > did you note the date?

    Who cares what the date is? It's "The Onion."

    > not exactly news is it?
    > I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their
    > demands more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.

    It's true!!! You do NOT know what The Onion is! Dammit, Bullis .. it
    is a SPOOF site, and always has been. Sheesh!

    --
    -bts
    -In a broadband world, you are just a dialup
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 29, 2010
  5. Evan Platt wrote:

    >"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
    >>
    >> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    > I don't believe he does. In another group, someone posted a link to a
    > Onion article about basically Obama trashing the high speed rail
    > idea, and going for High Speed Buses.
    > <http://www.theonion.com/video/obama-replaces-costly-highspeed-rail-plan-with-hig,18473/>
    >
    > bullshit bullis then started picking apart why he didn't think the
    > plan would work.

    <LOL!> It figures...

    <http://www.theonion.com/faq/#faq-editorial>
    "The Onion is a satirical weekly publication published 52 times a year
    on Thursdays."

    "The Onion uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases where
    public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is
    accidental and coincidental."

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 29, 2010
  6. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:12:44 -0700, richard wrote:

    > An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    > The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
    > network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
    > free music"!

    Unbelievable! That you don't understand what this "Onion" web site is, not
    that they reported something which never actually happened, nor could
    happen. (Radio stations pay royalties to air music.)

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Nov 29, 2010
  7. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 29/11/2010 04:13, richard wrote:
    > On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
    >>>
    >>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    >>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
    >>> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
    >>> them to "give away free music"!

    >> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
    >>
    >> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    > did you note the date?
    > not exactly news is it?
    > I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
    > more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.

    ROFL! You complete and utter fucking moron!
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 29, 2010
  8. richard

    n0i Guest

    On 11/28/2010 10:12 PM, richard wrote:
    > http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/
    >
    > An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    > The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
    > network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
    > free music"!

    You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up shit
    for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...

    n0i
    n0i, Nov 29, 2010
  9. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    n0i <thunderstruck_n0i@live> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 11/28/2010 10:12 PM, richard wrote:
    >> http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/
    >>
    >> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    >> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
    >> network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
    >> free music"!

    > You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up shit
    >for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...

    Well, so does RtS.

    Mike "at least that's the end result" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Nov 29, 2010
  10. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:13:37 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-

    away-free-musi,48/>

    >>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes. The RIAA really jumps on the
    >>> bandwagon and goes after the entire national network of broadcasters.
    >>> Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away free music"!

    >> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
    >>
    >> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

    > did you note the date?
    > not exactly news is it?
    > I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
    > more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.

    Does the word 'satire' ring any bells, sto0pid?

    Aardvark, Nov 29, 2010
  11. richard

    Fox News Guest

    In article <17ce8$4cf37f51$4a533e69$>,
    n0i <thunderstruck_n0i@live> wrote:

    > On 11/28/2010 10:12 PM, richard wrote:
    > > http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-fr
    > > ee-musi,48/
    > >
    > > An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    > > The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
    > > network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
    > > free music"!

    > You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up shit
    > for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...
    >
    > n0i

    Hell...so does FOX NEWS
    Fox News, Nov 29, 2010
  12. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:58:11 -0500, Fox News wrote:

    > Hell...so does FOX NEWS

    And Dan Rather, as well.

    NormanM, Nov 29, 2010
  13. richard

    Fox News Guest

    In article <>,
    §nühw¤£f <> wrote:

    > Fox News wrote:
    > > In article <17ce8$4cf37f51$4a533e69$>,
    > > n0i <thunderstruck_n0i@live> wrote:

    > > ng-away-fr

    > > national

    > > "give away
    > >>
    > >> You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up

    > > shit
    > >> for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...
    > >>
    > >> n0i

    > > Hell...so does FOX NEWS

    > You have to admit; they are the best at creating a separate reality.
    > Imagine the co-ordination required to pull it off. Every once in a while
    > one of them will go "off message" and then its like the scene from the
    > Wizard of OZ where the "wizard" says "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND
    > THE CURTAIN!"
    >
    > ^_^

    If only the Dems would fight them with their own playbook...if the
    actual TRUTH be known, THEY would go down in flames
    Fox News, Nov 29, 2010
  14. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >the dems are only good at fighting themselves.

    While 'pubs are best at fighting with everyone, including themselves.

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo
    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010
  15. richard <'h> drooled and spitted this out:

    > http://www.theonion.com/articles
    > /riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/
    >
    > An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
    > The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after
    > the entire national network of broadcasters. Claiming
    > that it is illegal for them to "give away free music"!

    There is NO free music to give away, thus you must pay.

    Get a job. And quit reading TheOnion.com because it'll
    rot your brain and your teeth and pretty soon... well,
    in your case... you cain't get no st00pider, so go ahead.

    HTH.

    --

    Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

    http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

    http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

    Repent! The end is near... Or... good luck
    with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 30, 2010