    OE freezes up on my laptop. I've downloaded the latest ver and it still does
    it. I may have downloaded something in the past that affects it but I can't
    determine what. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

    Beans, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Beans

    Boomer Guest

    "Beans" <> wrote in
    news::

    > OE freezes up on my laptop. I've downloaded the latest ver and it
    > still does it. I may have downloaded something in the past that
    > affects it but I can't determine what. Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated. TIA

    Hi

    You might want to read through °Mike°'s
    "Basic computer maintenance"

    Have you run a virus scan on your HDD? Have you used any of the
    programs below?

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    Boomer, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Beans

    Geoff Guest

    Have alook at www.tomsterdam.com its a great website for OE problems.

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Beans

    °Mike° Guest

    Adding to the previous good advice, be sure that your
    mail and newsgroup folders are not overflowing, and
    perform a cleanup and compact, from Tools / Options /
    Maintenance. Be sure that you *uncheck* compact
    in the background.

    If you still have problems, it could be a damaged .dbx
    file, in which case, you will have to back up all of your
    data, close OE, rename the .dbx files, and restart OE.
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:51:30 -0500, in
    <>
    Beans scrawled: