    morover instead of copying fotos were directly transefered from memory
    card so I have lost everything.What to do now
    , Jan 2, 2007

  2. Cgiorgio Guest

    Hope you did not use your camera meanwhile. Get an SD card reader to hook up
    to your computer. Use a flash revocery utility (like the one from
    www.vaiosoft.com). When transferring your pictures, the directory
    information on your SD - card has been altered, but the files themselves are
    very likely still intact and can be recovered with such software.

    Cgiorgio, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Dave Cohen Guest

    Cgiorgio wrote:
    > Hope you did not use your camera meanwhile. Get an SD card reader to hook up
    > to your computer. Use a flash revocery utility (like the one from
    > www.vaiosoft.com). When transferring your pictures, the directory
    > information on your SD - card has been altered, but the files themselves are
    > very likely still intact and can be recovered with such software.
    >
    > <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> I've samsung Digimax i6PMP.recently I had been to Hongkong I took 60
    >> fotos which i downloaded from memorycard to computer on Digimax master
    >> softwere. I saved it on seperate file.On restarting my computer there
    >> is no trace of photographs even picasa also didn't find from HD.
    >> morover instead of copying fotos were directly transefered from memory
    >> card so I have lost everything.What to do now

    Also, I don't know what you mean by saving to separate file, but chances
    are it's still there. Do a search if you know the filename.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jan 2, 2007
  4. Lionel Guest

    On 2 Jan 2007 11:07:19 -0800, wrote:

    >I've samsung Digimax i6PMP.recently I had been to Hongkong I took 60
    >fotos which i downloaded from memorycard to computer on Digimax master
    >softwere. I saved it on seperate file.On restarting my computer there
    >is no trace of photographs even picasa also didn't find from HD.
    >morover instead of copying fotos were directly transefered from memory
    >card so I have lost everything.What to do now

    Get in the habit of making backups. Also; copy photos from your camera
    instead of 'moving' them. Don't delete your photos from your memeory
    card/camera until you've verified that you can open the copied files
    on your computer (Irfanviews thumbnail tool is good for this) *AND*
    you've made a backup copy of the files from the computer.

    No matter how often people are told that digital files are fragile, &
    how important is is to make backups immediately - not 'tommorrow', or
    'next week', but NOW - they never take it seriously until they lose
    some data they really care about. So, be grateful you only lost 60
    mpix - imagine how you'd feel if it was 5 years worth of hard work.
    Lionel, Jan 3, 2007
  5. Roy G Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > On 2 Jan 2007 11:07:19 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>I've samsung Digimax i6PMP.recently I had been to Hongkong I took 60
    >>fotos which i downloaded from memorycard to computer on Digimax master
    >>softwere. I saved it on seperate file.On restarting my computer there
    >>is no trace of photographs even picasa also didn't find from HD.
    >>morover instead of copying fotos were directly transefered from memory
    >>card so I have lost everything.What to do now

    > Get in the habit of making backups. Also; copy photos from your camera
    > instead of 'moving' them. Don't delete your photos from your memeory
    > card/camera until you've verified that you can open the copied files
    > on your computer (Irfanviews thumbnail tool is good for this) *AND*
    > you've made a backup copy of the files from the computer.
    >
    > No matter how often people are told that digital files are fragile, &
    > how important is is to make backups immediately - not 'tommorrow', or
    > 'next week', but NOW - they never take it seriously until they lose
    > some data they really care about. So, be grateful you only lost 60
    > mpix - imagine how you'd feel if it was 5 years worth of hard work.

    Very good advice.

    It might also be worthwhile learning how to copy from your camera to your
    HDD without using any software other than your Operating System. Or even
    better by using a Card Reader.

    That way YOU will choose which Folder to copy into, so the images will be
    much less likely to get mislaid, and they will not be deleted from the Card
    until YOU decide.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Jan 3, 2007
  6. Ron Hunter Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2 Jan 2007 11:07:19 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've samsung Digimax i6PMP.recently I had been to Hongkong I took 60
    >>> fotos which i downloaded from memorycard to computer on Digimax master
    >>> softwere. I saved it on seperate file.On restarting my computer there
    >>> is no trace of photographs even picasa also didn't find from HD.
    >>> morover instead of copying fotos were directly transefered from memory
    >>> card so I have lost everything.What to do now

    >> Get in the habit of making backups. Also; copy photos from your camera
    >> instead of 'moving' them. Don't delete your photos from your memeory
    >> card/camera until you've verified that you can open the copied files
    >> on your computer (Irfanviews thumbnail tool is good for this) *AND*
    >> you've made a backup copy of the files from the computer.
    >>
    >> No matter how often people are told that digital files are fragile, &
    >> how important is is to make backups immediately - not 'tommorrow', or
    >> 'next week', but NOW - they never take it seriously until they lose
    >> some data they really care about. So, be grateful you only lost 60
    >> mpix - imagine how you'd feel if it was 5 years worth of hard work.
    >>

    > Very good advice.
    >
    > It might also be worthwhile learning how to copy from your camera to your
    > HDD without using any software other than your Operating System. Or even
    > better by using a Card Reader.
    >
    > That way YOU will choose which Folder to copy into, so the images will be
    > much less likely to get mislaid, and they will not be deleted from the Card
    > until YOU decide.
    >
    > Roy G

    A few years ago I had the unfortunate experience of coming back from a
    vacation to find my HD would not restart. I lost all the pictures I had
    on the HD. Now my pictures are copied to three computers and backed up
    to an external HD as well. Once bitten, twice shy.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 4, 2007