    Sincerely
    Patty

    , May 1, 2005

  2. Kinell Guest

    wrote in
    news::

    > Perhaps someone can assist.
    >
    > I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products
    > from Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added
    > security.

    I doubt that you can. Neither of my Linksys routers has a username,
    just a password. Your browser displays a standard dialog, not
    specific to Linksys, that includes a username field. You can leave
    that field blank to login to the router. If you want your browser to
    remember the login details, you'll probably need to specify a dummy
    username.

    Kinell, May 2, 2005

  3. There isn't a way to change user names. If you want to use automatic login
    (which it sounds like you don't, but in case you decide you do) you may be
    able to use root. Otherwise, just leave it blank. The dialog is just a
    standard one that pops up.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWRyaWNrVg==?=, May 2, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks. You are correct. I called Linksys. They said there is no way to
    change this.

    Thanks so much
    Patty
    Kinell wrote:
    > wrote in
    >
    > > Perhaps someone can assist.
    > >
    > > I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products
    > > from Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added
    > > security.

    > I doubt that you can. Neither of my Linksys routers has a username,
    > just a password. Your browser displays a standard dialog, not
    > specific to Linksys, that includes a username field. You can leave
    > that field blank to login to the router. If you want your browser to
    > remember the login details, you'll probably need to specify a dummy
    > username.

    , May 3, 2005
  5. broken89 Guest

    Ok well i was browising the web on google about my Linksys WRT54GX and i
    saw that you guyz said that the user name could not be changed. well let
    me explane what im goin to say well back when i got my router i had no
    idea how to change its settings or enable WEP so after a while i got
    bored and did a lil google search i learned how to log into my router
    but the defult password did not work so i typed in my
    name (rayn) and then my school ID which was my PC login pass and it
    worked?
    NOTE i had never loged in to my router settings before and the also
    note taht the login name for my PC was ryan and my password was my
    school ID?

    ok so today my router screwed up some how so i reseted it and my login
    and pass were put back to the defult so changed my login pass but now
    im wondering how my LOGIN name changed???
    i have no idea how old this post is but dose any 1 have any idea how my
    Login was my name????

    --
    broken89

    broken89, Apr 27, 2006