    I can change it?

    Thanks,
    Lana
    Cookie Cutter, Sep 5, 2007

  2. Cookie Cutter

    ftran999 Guest

    "Cookie Cutter" <> wrote in message
    news:46df1f4e$0$17150$...

    > When I installed Adobe Photoshop, it assigned itself to become my default
    > viewer for all images. It takes a long time to load and display an image.
    > I would like to return to the Microsoft viewer (can't even remember its
    > name) or even use ZoomBrowser EX that came with my Canon Camera -- it pops
    > up instantly.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to where the default image/picture viewer is set so I
    > can change it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lana

    Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
    properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
    down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
    Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
    want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
    "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
    bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.

    Hope this helps.
    ftran999, Sep 5, 2007

  3. ftran999 wrote:

    > Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
    > properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
    > down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
    > Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
    > want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
    > "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
    > bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    Thank You!!! It works.

    Lana
    Cookie Cutter, Sep 6, 2007
  4. Cookie Cutter

    Alfred Guest

    On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:46:22 -0400, "ftran999" <>
    wrote:

    >"Cookie Cutter" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> When I installed Adobe Photoshop, it assigned itself to become my default
    >> viewer for all images. It takes a long time to load and display an image.
    >> I would like to return to the Microsoft viewer (can't even remember its
    >> name) or even use ZoomBrowser EX that came with my Canon Camera -- it pops
    >> up instantly.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me to where the default image/picture viewer is set so I
    >> can change it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Lana

    >Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
    >properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
    >down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
    >Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
    >want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
    >"always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
    >bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.
    >
    >Hope this helps.

    Or she could download irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/ and use that
    instead of the microsoft offering. Much better and handles more file
    formats. Free too
    Alfred, Sep 6, 2007