    pc2 is also an XP machine

    What must I do if I want pc2 to see pc1 (Tomboy) and get access to Tomboy.
    Your guidance much appreciated. Thanks

    quitono, Jun 27, 2008

  2. Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1 using this
    command net view \\pc1ipaddress?
    How to enable windows sharing
    How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    workgroup or domain network is for all ... Domain network sharing -
    Macintosh file sharing ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/enablesharing0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 27, 2008

  3. quitono

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    From your email, PC2 can see PC1, since you can print from PC2 to PC1.

    So what are you trying to do? Share files?

    Check on your firewall as well. For example, Zone Alarm will block file sharing in the default configurations I've encountered.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com

    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
    MarkSatterfield, Jun 27, 2008
  4. quitono

    quitono Guest

    Many thanks for pointing to the web page, where probably the best written
    instructions that I have read. Its plain simple and easy to understand. Thanks

    quitono, Jun 29, 2008
  5. Thank you for the feedback.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 29, 2008
  6. quitono

    quitono Guest

    From your link, I was able to set my "shared' printing going but have to xome
    back to bug you again as my mind is a bit blank at the moment. Quote from
    your response " Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1
    using this command net view \\pc1ipaddress? ' How do we do that.?
    Do you mean when I click My Computer> "user documnet folder" which is
    already shared and I have also make this folder 'SYSCLEAN' shared. If so,
    how/where do we use/type this command quote ' net view \\pc1ipaddress? '
    Sorry for the trouble,thanks

    quitono, Jul 14, 2008