How can we get list of users from an access point ?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by chetanhl, Feb 9, 2010.

  1. chetanhl

    chetanhl Guest

    Consider a WIFI network and we are given a random local ip eg 172.20.0.228
    and i want to find out WIFI access point through which this user is connected
    without using anything on user side , (using a C# program).

    I think two possible solutions can be -

    1) Trace a path to given ip 172.20.0.228 so that the node before the given
    ip in the will be access point.

    2) Query all acess points and get a list of users connected to them. Then we
    can search any given ip (eg 172.20.0.228 in this case) in those lists.

    My Problem is i dont know how to implement any of these two possible
    solutions in c# or vc++ (Windows Application).

    I THINK 2ND SOLUTION IS MORE APPROPRIATE. So suggest me something to
    implement this thing in c#.
    How can we get list of users from an access point ?

    Thanks

    chetanhl, Feb 9, 2010