    the top of the group as before so I can keep tabs of it?

    Thanks in advance
    Denny B

    Denny B, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Denny B

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:46:17 -0700, "Denny B" <>
    scribbled:

    >I used to have it that when I emailed in a newsgroup

    You don't email in a newsgroup.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Denny B

    Soup Guest

    Soup just had to say
    > I used to have it that when I emailed in a newsgroup
    > my email was highlighted in red and always remained
    > right at the top of the group, which I found very convenient
    > and could always keep track of my posting.
    >
    > This has now changed and my posting is still highlighted
    > in red but it does no remain at the top of the newsgroup
    > it drops down according to date of posting.
    >
    > How can I correct this and get my post to remain at
    > the top of the group as before so I can keep tabs of it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    In O.E. mark your posts as watched (the 'spectacles' column )
    at the top click the 'spectacles' this will put the posts in
    order of "watched" posts at the top

    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \

    Soup, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Denny B

    trout Guest

    Denny B wrote:

    > I used to have it that when I emailed in a newsgroup
    > my email was highlighted in red and always remained
    > right at the top of the group, which I found very convenient
    > and could always keep track of my posting.
    >
    > This has now changed and my posting is still highlighted
    > in red but it does no remain at the top of the newsgroup
    > it drops down according to date of posting.
    >
    > How can I correct this and get my post to remain at
    > the top of the group as before so I can keep tabs of it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    The easiest way to keep track of your messages is to check a
    different View. View; Current View; Show replies to my messages. This
    displays only the threads in which you have participated.
    If you wish them to be simply at the top of all the other messages;
    you can (as mentioned) use "Watched" to do this. With one of your own
    posts highlighted, click on "Message" (on the toolbar); Create Rule From
    Message, and under Actions, select mark as 'Watched'.
    Then go to View; Sort By; and select Watch/Ignore. Your posts will
    be at the top.
    --
    "One way; anyhow."

    trout, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Denny B

    BetsyB Guest

    I, yoo have noticed that my name dosen't remain at the top of the list, like
    your's, but I am thinking of adding ~Betsy~ and it will then.

    --

    BetsyB

    BetsyB, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Denny B

    trout Guest

    BetsyB wrote:

    > I, yoo have noticed that my name dosen't remain at the top of the
    > list, like your's, but I am thinking of adding ~Betsy~ and it will
    > then.

    If you have View; Sort By; "From" selected.
    --
    "Not an otherwise particularly useful view."

    trout, Mar 6, 2004