    I would like to network my two computers wirelessly but do not have
    broadband. I can only get dialup where I live. What equipment would I need
    to do that? I would like to share the dialup, printer, and files.

    bruphy, Dec 19, 2004

  2. bruphy

    mikeFNB Guest

    there was a thread this week on that

    mike

    mikeFNB, Dec 20, 2004

  3. bruphy

    bruphy Guest

    Mike,

    I cannot see any thread to do with networking with a dialup connection. All
    I see about equipment involves cable/dsl modems. Is it possible to put a
    card in each computer and use a LAN while having a dialup internet
    connection? Even the article about creating an ad hoc network mentions a
    broadband connection.

    bruphy, Dec 20, 2004
  4. bruphy

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    There is a more elaborate answer that I wrote few days ago (can't find it
    too).

    Basically you can see the options here: http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html

    To go Wireless you have to use option3 with Wireless Router or Wired Router
    with Access Point.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Dec 21, 2004