    C:\programs. Why do they do this?? I can't find any uninstall for it. Is
    there an easy way? or should I try deleting the folder and removing all the
    entries I can find in the registry??
    Sirius, May 15, 2005

  2. "Sirius" <> wrote in message
    news:asvhe.10268$...
    >I took the easy option and used the recovery CDs on a Packard Bell PC. The
    >installation includes CD burning software called Sonic Recordnow DX which
    >does not have an entry in add/remove programs.
    >
    > Instead, it is installed in C:\APPS\recordDX instead of the normal
    > C:\programs. Why do they do this?? I can't find any uninstall for it. Is
    > there an easy way? or should I try deleting the folder and removing all
    > the entries I can find in the registry??

    Why do they do it is because they can. They can make a directory and install
    software anywhere they want. It doesn't have to be placed in C:\programs. If
    you cannot uninstall the application by using an uninstaller, the whack it
    off of the machine by any means necessary and be done with it.

    Duane :)
    Hate K-CSC -- Duane ;-\), May 15, 2005

  3. Sirius wrote:
    > I took the easy option and used the recovery CDs on a Packard Bell
    > PC. The installation includes CD burning software called Sonic
    > Recordnow DX which does not have an entry in add/remove programs.
    >
    > Instead, it is installed in C:\APPS\recordDX instead of the normal
    > C:\programs. Why do they do this?? I can't find any uninstall for it.
    > Is there an easy way? or should I try deleting the folder and
    > removing all the entries I can find in the registry??

    You can use RegSeeker,RegCleaner and CrapCleaner to help you clean it out
    after removing folders and startup entries.
    I have links to them on my page.
    http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html
    -max
    What's in a Name?, May 15, 2005
  4. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    "What's in a Name?" <> wrote in message
    > Sirius wrote:
    >> I took the easy option and used the recovery CDs on a Packard Bell
    >> PC. The installation includes CD burning software called Sonic
    >> Recordnow DX which does not have an entry in add/remove programs.
    >>
    >> Instead, it is installed in C:\APPS\recordDX instead of the normal
    >> C:\programs. Why do they do this?? I can't find any uninstall for it.
    >> Is there an easy way? or should I try deleting the folder and
    >> removing all the entries I can find in the registry??

    > You can use RegSeeker,RegCleaner and CrapCleaner to help you clean it out
    > after removing folders and startup entries.
    > I have links to them on my page.
    > http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html

    Bookmarked - looks useful and I'd downloading some - thanks. There seem to
    be a few other programs with no uninstall option either and I'm just gonna
    leave them rather than risk problems from incomplete removal or reg
    cleaners. I'd like to go back and do a normal install but have spent enough
    time on it already . . . and intend to avoid restore CDs where possible in
    future.
    Sirius, May 15, 2005
  5. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    "Sirius" <> wrote in message
    >I took the easy option and used the recovery CDs on a Packard Bell PC. The
    >installation includes CD burning software called Sonic Recordnow DX which
    >does not have an entry in add/remove programs.
    >
    > Instead, it is installed in C:\APPS\recordDX instead of the normal
    > C:\programs. Why do they do this?? I can't find any uninstall for it. Is
    > there an easy way? or should I try deleting the folder and removing all
    > the entries I can find in the registry??

    TweakNow PowerPack 2005 brought up an uninstall option which seems to have
    got rid of it in the normal way.
    Sirius, May 15, 2005