How can I tell what version?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John Rosoff, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. John Rosoff

    John Rosoff Guest

    My hard drive was recently wiped out. MSN Money data was lost from
    > drive but I have a floppy backup. The problem is that after installing
    > MSN 99 I can't open the floppy. I suspect that I was running MSN 2000
    > at the time when the backup was created but I have mislaid the 2000
    > software. Is there any way I can tell the specific version on the
    > software from my backup?

    Thanks for responding,
    John Rosoff
    John Rosoff, Jul 16, 2004

  2. John Rosoff

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Note When you upgrade, Money creates copies of your files with an .mn x
    extension, where x is the version number. For example, if you upgrade from
    Money 2001, the ninth version of Money, the copy of your file has the
    extension .mn9."

    From http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_141157.aspx

    Michael-NC, Jul 17, 2004

  3. John Rosoff

    Robert Baer Guest

    Michael-NC wrote:

    > "Note When you upgrade, Money creates copies of your files with an .mn x
    > extension, where x is the version number. For example, if you upgrade from
    > Money 2001, the ninth version of Money, the copy of your file has the
    > extension .mn9."
    >
    > From http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_141157.aspx
    >
    > "John Rosoff" <> wrote in message
    > > My hard drive was recently wiped out. MSN Money data was lost from
    > > > drive but I have a floppy backup. The problem is that after installing
    > > > MSN 99 I can't open the floppy. I suspect that I was running MSN 2000
    > > > at the time when the backup was created but I have mislaid the 2000
    > > > software. Is there any way I can tell the specific version on the
    > > > software from my backup?

    > > Thanks for responding,
    > > John Rosoff

    ....and would the next version use the extension .MNA (ie: get HEXie)??
    Robert Baer, Jul 17, 2004