    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Natalie
    TrueBlueGeekGirl (tbgg)

    =?Utf-8?B?dGJnZw==?=, Sep 27, 2006

  2. System Properties, General Tab: Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition.

    There are all sorts of other ways, of course, including the splash screen
    and registry hives.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGJnZw==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    It is in System Properties/General.
    (If it's 64-bit, it will say so. Windows XP Version 2002 is what you
    probably have, that's 32-bit.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 27, 2006
  4. In a Run box type: winver
    and press OK.

    http://max.ownit.nu/XPx64.PNG
    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dGJnZw==?=

    Admiral Q Guest

    "tbgg" <> wrote in message
    >I work on literally hundreds of different computers and was wondering if
    > anyone out there knows of a quick and dirty way to tell whether a given
    > installation of XP Pro is 32-bit or 64-bit?
    >
    > I would have thought M$ would have put something on the System
    > Properties/General tab, but alas, I hear that ain't the way it works.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Natalie
    > TrueBlueGeekGirl (tbgg)

    Sure they did - right where you said you didn't find it - if it is a 64-bit
    OS, it will say "x64" in the system label somewhere. If it don't, then it
    is a 32-bit OS (aka x86).

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

    Google is your Friend!