    installed WinXP but it couldn't be properly installed or overwritten
    and still no applications can install.So,how should I try and recover
    without data loss.Thank you.
    aung, Sep 9, 2006

  2. aung

    bmoag Guest

    If your data was in the My Documents folder it may be largely gone as new
    installations of Windows wipe out this directory.
    Use the WinXP cd to boot to the recovery console, which is a command prompt.
    Presuming you understand DOS commands you can scan the drive, if you have
    not deleted or reformatted it, to see what directories and files are still
    present.
    If you do not understand how to do this and you data is that vital get
    professional help.
    bmoag, Sep 9, 2006