    share each time?

    thanks

    , Nov 9, 2005

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    e wrote:

    > I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
    > network but not share when it is connected to another network.
    >
    > How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
    > share each time?

    Insufficient data. You haven't defined/ characterized/ your alternate
    networks sufficiently precisely yet

    Laptop connected to my home network? How is that? Another network?
    What/how is that?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 9, 2005

  3. The Prophecy Guest

    e wrote:
    > I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
    > network but not share when it is connected to another network.
    >
    > How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
    > share each time?
    >
    > thanks

    pretty sure you can't just unshare a drive when on another network
    automatically.... sharing everything on your hard drive is not a smart idea
    anyway.... all you do there is hand hackers a christmas present..... and
    don't give me that "but i have a hardware firewall in place" shit.... i
    don't care. just don't share the entire drive and you eliminate the need for
    me to bitch about it.

    The Prophecy, Nov 9, 2005
  4. why? Guest

    On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, e wrote:

    >I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
    >network but not share when it is connected to another network.
    >
    >How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
    >share each time?
    >
    >thanks

    http://www.netswitcher.com/

    You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
    it with that option. but it's there.

    It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
    I could see.

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Randy Guest

    why? skrev:

    > On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, e wrote:
    >
    > >I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
    > >network but not share when it is connected to another network.
    > >
    > >How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
    > >share each time?
    > >
    > >thanks

    > http://www.netswitcher.com/
    >
    > You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
    > it with that option. but it's there.
    >
    > It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
    > I could see.
    >
    > Me

    why not take a look at GlobeSoft's MultiNetwork Manager 8

    http://www.globesoft.com

    It will not only allow you to create and switch between different
    profiles it will also suggest the correct profile when connecting at
    other networks,
    Its powerful, comes with a nice Interface and $9.95 for the standard
    edition...

    Ran

    Randy, Nov 10, 2005
  6. why? Guest

    On 10 Nov 2005 05:18:42 -0800, Randy wrote:

    >why? skrev:
    >
    >> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, e wrote:
    >>
    >> >I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
    >> >network but not share when it is connected to another network.
    >> >
    >> >How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
    >> >share each time?
    >> >
    >> >thanks

    >> http://www.netswitcher.com/
    >>
    >> You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
    >> it with that option. but it's there.
    >>
    >> It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
    >> I could see.
    >>
    >> Me

    >why not take a look at GlobeSoft's MultiNetwork Manager 8

    Because I have 3 licenses for netswitcher, or did you mean to reply to
    the OP and not just the last thread in the post?

    >http://www.globesoft.com
    >
    >It will not only allow you to create and switch between different
    >profiles it will also suggest the correct profile when connecting at

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 10, 2005