    came the google icon. Anybody know of a way to stop this happening?
    Thanks
    Dee
    Dee, Jan 28, 2007

  2. Dee

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:49:12 +0000, Dee wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have an url link on my desktop direct to the Google newsgroups page
    > and I want to use one of my own icons for this but every time I use the
    > link Google sets the icon back to their own awful fuzzy icon. I had
    > searched for the way to stop this occuring and found a registry change
    > to stop it but it only worked for a day or two and then back came the
    > google icon. Anybody know of a way to stop this happening? Thanks Dee

    Put the link for the Google newsgroups page into your Favorites folder, if
    it's not already there, then create a shortcut to it on your desktop.
    Google shouldn't have any effect on the icon you pick for it at that
    point.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Dee

    Dee Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:27:45 GMT, "JTJersey" <> wrote:

    >Put the link for the Google newsgroups page into your Favorites folder, if
    >it's not already there, then create a shortcut to it on your desktop.
    >Google shouldn't have any effect on the icon you pick for it at that
    >point.

    Nope, that doesn't work. It changes it back to it's own icon in the
    Favourites too!
    Dee
    Dee, Jan 31, 2007