    I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
    autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
    with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?
    Fidcal, Feb 9, 2004

  2. "Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
    > autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
    > with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

    Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on - restart
    pc. does it work now????

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Feb 9, 2004

  3. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
    else." <> wrote:

    >"Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    >> I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
    >> autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
    >> with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

    >Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on - restart
    >pc. does it work now????
    >
    >Gaz

    Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!

    Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
    association string here from....

    Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
    Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit

    Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.
    Fidcal, Feb 10, 2004
  4. "Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
    > else." <> wrote:
    > >
    > >"Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    > >> I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
    > >> autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
    > >> with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

    > >Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on -

    restart
    > >pc. does it work now????
    > >
    > >Gaz
    > >

    > Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!
    >
    > Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
    > association string here from....
    >
    > Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
    > Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit
    >
    > Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.

    Here u go mate
    I did a jpeg of how it was set up on mine
    http://tinyurl.com/2gdky
    HTH

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Feb 10, 2004
  5. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:35:45 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
    else." <> wrote:

    >"Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
    >> else." <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >"Fidcal" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on -

    >restart
    >> >pc. does it work now????
    >> >
    >> >Gaz
    >> >

    >> Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!
    >>
    >> Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
    >> association string here from....
    >>
    >> Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
    >> Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit
    >>
    >> Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.

    >Here u go mate
    >I did a jpeg of how it was set up on mine
    >http://tinyurl.com/2gdky
    >HTH
    >
    >Gaz

    I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
    Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
    paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
    an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
    off. Thanks.
    Fidcal, Feb 10, 2004

  6. > I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
    > Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
    > paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
    > an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
    > off. Thanks.

    "Action"
    &Install
    "application used to perform action"
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall
    132 %1

    Use DDE box ticked

    "application"
    setupapi

    "Topic"
    Sytem

    None of the other fields have anything in them

    Sorry bout the last message. I missunderstood what u meant.

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Feb 10, 2004
  7. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:45:27 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
    else." <> wrote:

    >> I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
    >> Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
    >> paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
    >> an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
    >> off. Thanks.

    >"Action"
    >&Install
    >"application used to perform action"
    >C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall
    >132 %1
    >
    >Use DDE box ticked
    >
    >"application"
    >setupapi
    >
    >"Topic"
    >Sytem
    >
    >None of the other fields have anything in them
    >
    >Sorry bout the last message. I missunderstood what u meant.
    >
    >Gaz

    Thanks, Gaz. I'll check it out.
    Fidcal, Feb 10, 2004