How can I remove a network connection/workgroup in Win 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by M Shafaat, Sep 8, 2010.

  1. M Shafaat

    M Shafaat Guest

    Hi,
    I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and
    McAfee antivirus. After I connected the laptop to the local network (don't
    remember if I created a network connection in Win 7 in the laptop or .), the
    desktop running Win XP Pro, SP 3 lost access to the workgroup (doesn't find
    even itself on the workgroup/LAN, while Internet works fine).

    After some struggle I found that McAfee has a feature that excludes PC:s not
    having McAfee installed on them! Now to my question:

    Can McAfee really change settings on other PC:s (?), so that the desktop
    loses access to the workgroup, even when the laptop is down? I guess if this
    is the case, then it must be because the network connection was created in
    the laptop (I am not sure) and if so, I should remove it and re-create it
    from within the desktop. Can this be the case? How do I remove the workgroup
    in Win 7?

    Regards
    M Shafaat

    M Shafaat, Sep 8, 2010